By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Bing it On. Bing vs Google

So I use Bing anyway. But the advert keeps popping up saying try our Bing vs Google challenge. So I did. Its completely blind. And its pretty cool. They both have differences.

Heres my result:

http://www.bingiton.com/result?form=&publ=&crea=20107

Bing won 3-2. It looks like across EU at the moment Bing is winning this challenge 71% - 29%.

More people are choosing the bing results page. And at the end it offers you to try Bing for real. It will switch your browser to it.

Post your results here.

Around the Network

Ouch. Google 3 - Bing 0. 2 Draws.

All other results were pretty close but searching for "curry god" was a clear win for Google.

Bing give me crappy results based on my location only, google give me real results.
1-0 for google.

LOL i got 4 Google 1 Draw,

It then says "Try Bing"

Why on earth would i when it just failed 5 times for me.

Xenostar said:
LOL i got 4 Google 1 Draw,

It then says "Try Bing"

Why on earth would i when it just failed 5 times for me.

Well 29% of EU people have Google winning at the moment so I guess your one of them.

I just chose the ones that had less advertising and less flakey websites. I find Google an advertising jugle at the moment with irrelevant finds.

Around the Network

I'm confused as to what I'm meant to be looking for. I search Dell Outlet, the results that come up are Dell Outlet. Google's format was too recognisable though for this to be fair.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
I'm confused as to what I'm meant to be looking for. I search Dell Outlet, the results that come up are Dell Outlet. Google's format was too recognisable though for this to be fair.

Ahhhhh so thats how the Google lovers are doing it. ;)

Average Joe though wont realise. I guess thats why Bing is kicking its ass.

Bing was mentioned live on TV the other day instead of Google. It was on ITV's Xfactor. They said search for it on Bing or Google. They are starting to mention Bing alongside Google now.

Google used to be great, but Im glad the competition is gettig notice. I had to use Gmail at work and its got to be one of the worst Clients Ive used. They arent unstoppable. Google will fade slowly. Even Android isnt particularly big when you consider its sales against Windows as a Whole. Its like 7%?!

selnor1983 said:
The Fury said:

Bing was mentioned live on TV the other day instead of Google. It was on ITV's Xfactor. They said search for it on Bing or Google. They are starting to mention Bing alongside Google now.

Google used to be great, but Im glad the competition is gettig notice. I had to use Gmail at work and its got to be one of the worst Clients Ive used. They arent unstoppable. Google will fade slowly. Even Android isnt particularly big when you consider its sales against Windows as a Whole. Its like 7%?!

calm down there is a long way to go before bing will be a term like google it, and android is massive and only growing. 

Xenostar said:
selnor1983 said:
The Fury said:

calm down there is a long way to go before bing will be a term like google it, and android is massive and only growing. 

Hey its cool. Im just glad that Google isnt the be all end all. Especially as its searches have got worse through adverts. But yeah, Android is big considering the touch market. But overall its not particularly big. 7% overall is pretty low. Apple is 8% ( including all OS's ) And the rest 85% is Windows.

Google won mine 1-0, with four draws. I will say that the two are actually far more similar then I remember them being the last time I tried Bing out. Then again, maybe "it's better cause it looks almost identical to Google" isn't much of a point in Bing's favor...