By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Overheating & The Red Line Of Warning

Chris Hu said:
The case for the PS4 seems a bit too small considering its pretty much the same hardware as the X1 which is a lot bigger.

Are you trying to say that the reason it was overheating was due to the size of the console?

Around the Network

The HDMI port on my Super Slim PS3 gets very hot also I'm sure it will fry eventually also but hopefully not anytime soon since its less then a year old.

Chris Hu said:

The HDMI port on my Super Slim PS3 gets very hot also I'm sure it will fry eventually also but hopefully not anytime soon since its less then a year old.

BTW I have a question about your ps3 super slim. My ps3 super slim's power socket seems loose? Is this the same case with you?

Seriously, this is pretty braindead, look at the size of that protective case thing. it is an issue with the console not getting enough cool air to cool the system off, it uses the same air to cool the system several times over.

try enclosing your computer / console in a small acrylic sealed box and see how long it takes for it to over-heat.

this is a 'no shit sherlock' moment

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

considering they have the system in a tiny glass box it's not too surprising.

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

Around the Network

It does seem a bit loose on mine also but I don't think that its a problem I'm more worried about the HDMI. 

To be honest in never usually take note of what Homer J Simpson says. ;)

PSP Lifetime more than PSV+3DS Lifetime.

krafty89 said:
To be honest in never usually take note of what Homer J Simpson says. ;)

Ha ha ha. lol. Yup. I guess thats a fake name. Real homer would go to moes instead of going to a console event.

Looks like the ps4 will shut itself down though before the damage is done which is good. I will have a fan running next to my ps4 at all times ^^

Ok, so the actual story is 'PS4 placed in a small glass box gave a thermal warning which reset upon opening up said glass box' and this somehow = Sony's RROD?