By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Overheating & The Red Line Of Warning

Cthulhu said:
https://twitter.com/P0sitiveEmoti0n/status/390137728743907328/photo/1

According to this the console did not overheat in the glass box. It was in standby mode

The OP didn't share all the source info..

In terms of sound, practically none, you can hear the fan if you listened closely but nothing exaggerated. they had ventilated consoles and others put in enclosures completely closed that were running from 9am without stopping (we got there at 18:00 in the evening). they were running fine and were quite warm on the surface but nothing like our curreng generation consoles.

The only exception to that was one console that was completely enclosed in an acrylic case , it was showing a red light (where there would typically be a blue light) and there was a message on the screen that said the console’s temperature was too high. the Acrylic case was opened and within minutes the error message went away and the light went back to its normal color.

These consoles were test units, they seemed fully capable in every way.”

Around the Network

poor early adopters.

34 years playing games.

The PS3 Slim is really quiet, my Jasper 360 is noisy like a Jet taking off, I wonder how noisy are these new systems. Also, everyone know you cannot place a videogame console in a closed case with no ventilation, I don´t think sony is that stupid, this WILL be solved before launch;

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

bananaking21 said:
kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:
This is actually a good thing, if its true that it warns you.

It is, so long as it isnt something that happens a lot.  But this is extremely unlikely as I doubt people will place their consoles in a small perspex box with zero air circulation (almost a thermos flask).

Nice to see sensible responses in a thread of this nature.  Shoe on the other foot?  doubt it would be so civil.

do you know if microsoft have a similiar thing for the X1? doubt it would ever need it seeing how big it is and how much they focused on ventilation but just got curious

What I've read so far about the XBoxOne is that it can regulate the speed of the CPU/GPU? and down grade the performance if its running too hot... it's been mentioned a couple of times by MS... but I would be surprised if they dont have some form of "Turn off too hot" message as well.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!