By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Overheating & The Red Line Of Warning

kowenicki said:

Why did you even need to say that?

whats the point?

Sorry I didn't understand.

Xbone needs to stop to work when overhating like any other eletronic equipment... if it didn't do that then it will die like 360.

So you expect it do that... he asked if Xbone do that... I'm saying it need to do that... my awnser was pretty reasonable and easy to understand.

Around the Network

kowenicki said:

Yes but you really wanted to mention RROD didnt you.  You didnt say PS4 does this to avoid ylod or anthing like this for any other tech.  Its juts a chance for you to have yet another dig.  its not needed.

I don't even know why this thread is still going, its a total non-story.

I don't know how my comment sounds to you but I said something like "it is pretty obvious that Xbone do that".

kowenicki said:

who are you even talking to?  who is comparing them?

Now I understood... the OP changed the title... the thread title was "PS4 Overheating & The Red Ring of Death"... that's why the most people here are talking about it.

IMO this particular PS4 overheated because it was in a small plastic box which had no ventilation. I hope Sony knows it cost Microsoft an estimated $1 billion for RROD issues. Mark Cerny answered a month ago that their designers know what to do.

The security case was opened and in two seconds the error message was removed and the light had returned to its normal color.

As the OP and several people have stated, this must have happened because the console was working without air ventilation so this would be an expected behavior, Sony should be more careful when exhibiting their consoles so that this kind of stuff doesn't happen. Honestly, what did they expecting to happen with having their console operating inside a plastic case with no ventilation.

Fusioncode said:
Trust in Cerny.

In Cerny we trust : P

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:
Adinnieken said:
daredevil.shark said:

The security case does have ventalation.  You can see the holes on the bottom clearly and I'm guessing they exist on the top as well.

Albeit I'm sure it isn't sufficient.

1. Those holes are not sufficient for proper ventilation.

2. Apparantly its "Red line of warning". The system works. It just went to safe mode.

Let's not forget the plastic case has no feet and stands on a plastic stand. Great way to seal those two holes at the bottom....

drkohler said:
daredevil.shark said:
Adinnieken said:
daredevil.shark said:

The security case does have ventalation.  You can see the holes on the bottom clearly and I'm guessing they exist on the top as well.

Albeit I'm sure it isn't sufficient.

1. Those holes are not sufficient for proper ventilation.

2. Apparantly its "Red line of warning". The system works. It just went to safe mode.

Let's not forget the plastic case has no feet and stands on a plastic stand. Great way to seal those two holes at the bottom....

Cant blame them. Its for security purpose. If they use something like cage people might not see it properly.

kowenicki said:
Euphoria14 said:
Talk about blowing things out of proportion.

360 RRoD = Console is dead.
PS4 RL = Console shuts down due to excess heat and works again when proper ventilation is achieved.

How do you even attempt to compare the two?

It's more like a Red Line of Preservation.

who are you even talking to?  who is comparing them?

OP mentions RRoD. Take up your issue with him.

"Here is the nightmare of early adopters."

"I hope Sony knows it cost Microsoft an estimated $1 billion for RROD issues."

Plus it is being called a "Red Line of Death" when it is anything but.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

ethomaz said:
Raven722 said:
I don't care what console it is, you don't put those things in a case with so little ventilation. That's stupid. That being said, it's good to know that the system prevents itself from melting down. If I'm not mistaken it was reported that the Xbox One does the same thing, right?

Well Xbone needs to do that... if not then it is a new RROD.

You need to keep up to date on your news.  MS already stated that the console will inform users if it gets to hot and shut down just like the newer 360.  Also there are many areas where the X1 cools itself and it can shut down specfic areas within the chip to prevent the system from turning off completly.  Read up on it, it will help you to not make such post.

Machiavellian said:

You need to keep up to date on your news.  MS already stated that the console will inform users if it gets to hot and shut down just like the newer 360.  Also there are many areas where the X1 cools itself and it can shut down specfic areas within the chip to prevent the system from turning off completly.  Read up on it, it will help you to not make such post.

That's what I wrote