By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Grand Theft Auto V PS3 Overtakes X360

Not suprising given Sonys push of GTA V, they have been advertising it like crazy plus the fact that more people actually play on their PS3s now this was to be expected

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
theprof00 said:
JayWood2010 said:

nvm not going to get into it

then don't write this in the first place.

OT: Are there any predictions for how far this game can sell overall?

Anyone have some game sales graphs to show what kind of lifetime we can expect?

It was originally a quote for somebody.  Deleted it.  Though not sure you are telling me what to do when you really dont know what Im talking about in the first place.

You often do this when you are starting shit with someone. My bad if you weren't.

BasilZero said:
Panama said:
Can't wait for PC numbers to overtake both PS3/360. Get it? Through piracy. Anyone? Ok.

I hope it comes out on PC :O

There is good reason to believe a PC version of GTA V may occur. There is no good reason to believe in the existence of a god.

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

Frank_kc said:
Those numbers are also missing the digital sales for PS3. We know that GTA V topped the PSN digital sales in September.

We also know it broke sales records for PSN, its the biggest ever digital release on the platform surpassing TLOU which recently set the record. 

Well, considering PS3 is leading X360 in sales, GTA5 advertised like a PS3 exclusive including exclusive bundle, I don't think this is a surprise.

And X360 version of GTA5 is sold quite well. I am happy about this.

Around the Network

isnt gta v digital only on ps3? If so the lead should be a bit bigger then. Also with japan there is no way xbox will catch up to ps3 sales.

I bet that PS3 GTAV bundle did well, I saw a decent bump in sales for ps3 when GTAV numbers made it out. It makes sense.

Im more excited to get this game on PC more than anything tbh.

I hope this game comes to the PS4 with 1080p and 60 fps, not dreaming too much right ? :s

expected!

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

zhao3gold said:
Well, considering PS3 is leading X360 in sales, GTA5 advertised like a PS3 exclusive including exclusive bundle, I don't think this is a surprise.

And X360 version of GTA5 is sold quite well. I am happy about this.

This "platform specific" advertising can't be the only factor though. Fifa 14 is advertised at least in my country, like an Xbox exclusive and still if we go by vgc numbers PS3 version outsold it by quite a margin, even though the gap is definitely smaller than in recent years, partially thanks to those commercials most def.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!