By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is 2008, the beginning of the end for the XBox 360?

disolitude said:
Some of you crack me up.

You don't realize that last year you missed a great year in gaming because of your ignorance towards the Xbox 360. You sit there and argue how the system is in trouble in 2008 and how you are waiting for the PS3 domination to start with the release of "killer" games while you you haven't played Bioshock, Halo 3, Gears of War, Orange Box...

No wonder you are acting like there is too much sand in your vagina.

You my friend are the ignorant one, you don't need a 360 to enjoy the majority of AAA titles on the system, i've played superior versions of Gears of War, The Orange Box and Bioshock all on my PC and I couldn't care less about Halo.

PS3/PC > 360/PC

Hell, even Wii/PC > 360/PC

Around the Network

What end?
I don`t think M$ wil stop producing x360 and stop selling it.
So, for next 2-3 years, it will be here. It wil have games, maybe it won`t have many great games, but still you can use it as a gaming machine(unless it will brake.. =)) ).

x360 wasn`t made for winning, it was made for gaming/(rrod.. =))) ).
x360 TARGET was to expand M$ consoel userbase. And it`s going to pass 1st xbox numbers, that for sure.
Maybe even this year, so in 3 years, instead of 4.

2008 - 24-25 mln.
2009 - 32-33 mln.
If x720 won`t be released by the end of 2009, then:
2010 - 40-42 mln.
And total 45-48 mln. probably vs 24 mln. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

I have a 360 just for Itagaki and Sakuguchi stuff, which won't appear on PS3. Also it seems that Namco is releasing their stuff earlier on 360. For the titles that make the 360 really popular, they are either on PC or PS3. If it wasn't my interest in those two developers I mentioned, I probably wouldn't have a 360.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

I am sick of PS3 fanboys talk about how the 360 lineup is full of FPS when the best games on the PS3 are FPS titles. Not only that, the 360 has JRPGs, the PS3 does not. I would say its the pot calling the kettle black but, since unlike the PS3 the 360's lineup is actually diverse, that would not be the case at all.

Around the Network

PS3 is only 1 - ONE year on the market.

For 1,5 year you had NO jrpg on x360, except maybe EA. So, just sit and relax.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

CrazzyMan said:
PS3 is only 1 - ONE year on the market.

For 1,5 year you had NO jrpg on x360, except maybe EA. So, just sit and relax.
 Enchanted Arms release dates by territory.

US: August 29, 2006
Japan: January 12, 2006
Europe: September 7, 2006

Blue Dragon

Japan: December 7, 2006 

Less than a year after the 360 launched it had a JRPG out in all three markets. The 360 had two JRPGS in the Japanese market in less than the year. The 360 launched December 10, 2005 in Japan. Even if it did not, the point of the matter is if I go to the store right now what can I buy. The 360 has the most JRPGs out of the current gen consoles and the most western RPGs as well.  

darthdevidem01 said:
@kithcensink

thesw "last couple of weeks" = ALL OF DECEMBER & ALL OF JANUARY

2 months...

360 outsold PS3 the other 11 months of last year.

That said, I know it was PS3's first year, which is usually not the best-selling year, but if you read my response to Lillebule, you would know that I was joking in the first place

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

To all the folks upset by PS3 bots ... let them talk trash - let Sony chip away at the lead - but fact of the matter is, no matter how you spin it, they are counting on folks buying the PS3 to play games - and folks are snapping it up as a cheap Blu Ray player. Overseas, folks are brand loyal - good. But just wait - MS will drop the price and sales will increase. Sony will counter and lose more money on the PS3.

For the 360 to be hanging with a cheaper PS3 that offers an HD player is sweet. A price cut and GTA IV will spur sales. MS is not worried about a few months of being outsold by the PS3. They barely take them seriously.

disolitude said:
Some of you crack me up.

You don't realize that last year you missed a great year in gaming because of your ignorance towards the Xbox 360. You sit there and argue how the system is in trouble in 2008 and how you are waiting for the PS3 domination to start with the release of "killer" games while you you haven't played Bioshock, Halo 3, Gears of War, Orange Box...

No wonder you are acting like there is too much sand in your vagina.

Your post is full of win.

Owner of all consoles cept DS.....Currently in love with prototype!