By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft fans we can keep the threads clean ourselves.

Hi guys. If you enjoy using the Microsoft discussion threads about the games and consoles or Windows oerating system then lets pull together.

We have alot of threads that get derailed. So what do we do?

Its actually really simple, but will only work if we all pull together and act the same way.

1. Noone here bite whatsoever to any troll comment or mention of anything not relating to the OP. I know its hard at times as it happens alot, but if we seriously just ignore it alltogether it will go away. Dont whatever we do quote a troll post at all. Even to tell them they are being out of order. Just hit report and move on. Please guys, its our only chance of cleaning the Microsoft Discussion thread up.

2. Dont put anything in the thread title that remotely sniffs of another Manufactuer. If you are wanting a vs kinda thread, post it in the Gaming forums discussion.

3. Remember we are here to discuss Microsoft stuff. Nothing else. I fall into this trap sometimes where you just feel you have to tell the troll what they are. But just keep reporting. Report after report if you have to. It will hopefully get dealt with.

Lets collectively pull together and ignore on a mssive scale. The trolls will be the ones that end up looking silly.

What do you say Xboxers and Windows gamers?

Around the Network

Good points bro. I really cant wait to try out Xbox One controller. Its hot and looks awesome. I like gaming controller to exclude "gimmicks" or "mumbo jumbo". But I have to wait till November to try Xbox One controller up close.

Fighting Fire with Fire.....

Makes more fire. : /

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

_crazy_man_ said:
Fighting Fire with Fire.....

Makes more fire. : /

Exactly. So lets just leave it to the fireman to deal with. We just have to pick up the phone and tell someone theres a fire. In this case the report button. :)

4. stop trolling other forums and act like a victim when the other fan base does the same

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network

The problem with derailment is that a lot of people simply dont kill it at the root, they have to tell the troll to go fuck itself with the bridge its hiding under.

You said it yourself in the OP. Report. Move along. They will get bored of looking for a bite and they should get moderated.

Ive been reporting a whole lot more recently and its hilarious to see the people youre reporting get banned. It makes me feel warm inside. Its just brilliant I was reading a thread recently and reported ~10 posts at once. It was glorious. I literally cant wait to see the bans roll in.

Reporting works. You will never get rid of every trouble causer, but thinning the ranks is a start.

So this is a thread about how to post. Doesnt the web site has plenty of advice on that already, and you need to be a mod to set the rules. 9/10 for effort though

existenz2 said:
So this is a thread about how to post. Doesnt the web site has plenty of advice on that already, and you need to be a mod to set the rules. 9/10 for effort though

Its not about setting rules. Its about rallying everyone in my fave froum area to collectively do right. If we can it will be a much nicer forum to use.

Fingers crossed Microsoft fans stick together on this. I just want to talk about games. Not fight about games.

kowenicki said:
Unilateral disarmament doesn't work.

i feel for Ms fans as they do get alot of stick in there own threads which shouldn't happen. But just as you Kowenicki come into the Sony threads just to be negative. Now i found you commenting on this weird as you love doing it to other fans?

You also have to learn to not take shots at other companies as well in the process. Also, dont try to challenge another company either.