By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - HW UP! Global SW UP! 5th October 2013

Blood_Tears said:
benji232 said:
WebMasterFlex said:
Bruxel said:
wii u looking good. 3ds king as usual. ps3 numbers are starting to drop big time

Don't worry about PS3, it is still doing the double of one of the wii u's best week

What point are you trying to make here? Ps3 is still on the obvious effect of GTAV. PS3 averaged this year 110-120k which is still a good amount over the wiiU but still no where near double. And let's see how a brand new 3D mario will boost wiiU sales if an HD remake quadrupled wiiU sales (from sub 20k to over 80k).

Your right, this year PS3 is no where near double Wii U. It’s actually over 4 times the amount of Wii U thus far this year.

2013 Sales as of September 28th
PS3 - 6,054,851
Wii U - 1,423,509

Don't worry about PS3, it is still doing the double of one of the wii u's best week.

THIS was the statement I was responding too, and it is false. No regular ps3 weeks has been the double of 83k this year. I was never talking about all year long, please read the whole argument before putting in your 2 cents in.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

Around the Network

think-man said:
Blood_Tears said:
benji232 said:

What point are you trying to make here? Ps3 is still on the obvious effect of GTAV. PS3 averaged this year 110-120k which is still a good amount over the wiiU but still no where near double. And let's see how a brand new 3D mario will boost wiiU sales if an HD remake quadrupled wiiU sales (from sub 20k to over 80k).

Your right, this year PS3 is no where near double Wii U. It’s actually over 4 times the amount of Wii U thus far this year.

PS3 - 6,054,851
Wii U - 1,423,509

Soo good ^^

His argument was irrevelant to our argument, what are you celebrating?

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

benji232 said:
Blood_Tears said:
benji232 said:
WebMasterFlex said:
Bruxel said:
wii u looking good. 3ds king as usual. ps3 numbers are starting to drop big time

Don't worry about PS3, it is still doing the double of one of the wii u's best week

PS3 - 6,054,851
Wii U - 1,423,509

Don't worry about PS3, it is still doing the double of one of the wii u's best week.

THIS was the statement I was responding too, and it is false. No regular ps3 weeks has been the double of 83k this year. I was never talking about all year long, please read the whole argument before putting in your 2 cents in.

Well then you didn't check this week (http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41287/Global/)

Or several others.

benji232 said:
think-man said:
Blood_Tears said:
benji232 said:

PS3 - 6,054,851
Wii U - 1,423,509

Soo good ^^

Do the maths again then.

think-man said:
benji232 said:
think-man said:

Soo good ^^

Do the maths again then.

Pretty hilarious PS3 total sales for the year are 4 times that of WIiU, yet somehow it hasn't outsold it by double at any point this year? How is that even possible???

(It isn't obviously)

Around the Network
Seece said:
think-man said:

Do the maths again then.

Pretty hilarious PS3 total sales for the year are 4 times that of WIiU, yet somehow it hasn't outsold it by double at any point this year? How is that even possible???

(It isn't obviously)

It's totally Impossible, and the Ps3 doesnt really have a "normal" week ps360 generally have new games coming out every week so any title can bump its sales.

Seece said:
think-man said:

Do the maths again then.

(It isn't obviously)

he said in no regular week (or this one), ps3 outsold this week's wii u numbers by double.

Zero999 said:
Seece said:
think-man said:

Do the maths again then.

(It isn't obviously)

he said in no regular week (or this one), ps3 outsold this week's wii u numbers by double.

look at the weekly charts from january 1 to april 6th and choose your ''regular week''

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

CGI-Quality said:
Here's something I wasn't expecting so soon:

With Global Numbers now completely in, GTA V:

PS3 - 11.34m
360 - 11.29m

I'll wait for official numbers (not that I doubt PS3 is ahead, either could be) but it's a damn coup for PS3, given it has 9m sales less in the west tha 360. It had bundles/promotion but I can't imagine that did too much.

Seece said:
think-man said:
benji232 said:
think-man said:

Soo good ^^

Do the maths again then.

(It isn't obviously)

By regular week, he probably meant the worst week cause i searched at random week ending from february to august and the range were from 120k to 180k, so I'm guessing he was just comparing 83k (best Wii U week) with the ps3 worst week (120k) to make it less than double.