By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 2DS is Out!! Reviewers are loving it, Did you buy it? Did you get a chance to play? What do you think?

tbone51 said:
Mythmaker1 said:

I just don't see it offering me a significantly different experience.

There are plent of games on the DS I would play before I ever touched a 3DS.

Just asking (not trying to sound bad) but wat games do you like on DS?

Truthfully, I don't play much on it, so not that many. Pokemon Diamond, Final Fantasy IV, and Sonic Rush, for the most part. I also have Phantom Hourglass, but I haven't played it yet; it's on my to-do list.

Most of my gaming is on PC and console, and I don't encounter too many situations where mobile-gaming is neccessary.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

Around the Network

Ah, well I like certain games and rpgs/ which are a handheld domain, I play my handhelds way more than my console.
So I always get a handheld and play it at home/ on the go

About a 3rd of my 3DS library is Atlus games XD

Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
Backwards compatibility and more games on offer^

I've had quite a few different experiences.

Although I'd say Castlevania should be more like the DS games or like a well thought out game in the same vein as the original Super castlevania.

I'm fine in staying behind the cutting edge, and the DS has a LOT of games to offer that I don't own...and some that I own, but haven't played.

I mean, the 2DS is basically s somewhat-more-powerful DS with a circle-pad, and that doesn't offer a lot of a radically different experience.

Yeah on the 2DS. I mean some devs could push the graphics harder on 2D games themselves you know.

But the DS doesnt have monster hunter XD or Third Person Dungeon Crawlers or anything on the E-Shop.

I guess you'll end up owning a 3DS one day regardless XD

Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
Yeah on the 2DS. I mean some devs could push the graphics harder on 2D games themselves you know.

But the DS doesnt have monster hunter XD or Third Person Dungeon Crawlers or anything on the E-Shop.

I guess you'll end up owning a 3DS one day regardless XD

I probably won't end up getting a 3DS. I could consider Nintendo's next handheld if it was backwards compatible, but I'm really more of a PC/Console gamer. I don't have much incentive to play my DS under normal circumstances.