By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Tales of Xillia has sold 1 million copies WW, new English Tales of Xillia 2 trailer (Update: Direct feed trailer)

Nice!!! Over a million!!
And the BGM music from the trailer is SUPER!!! epic.

Around the Network

After the sales it got in Japan, this was only a matter of time, but still it's nice to see confirmation. And one of only 3 in the series to do so puts it in very high standing. One per generation is cool :P

looks awesome cant wait, hopefully it releases early in 2014 so we dont have to wait too long.

and xillia totally deserved those sales, awesome game

It will be interesting to see what the cast is up to in Xillia 2. Just please, please don't botch this game Namco. I'm still wary of direct Tales sequels because of ToS2.

Darc Requiem said:
It will be interesting to see what the cast is up to in Xillia 2. Just please, please don't botch this game Namco. I'm still wary of direct Tales sequels because of ToS2.

Most of the feedback I've seen about Xillia 2 is that it's a vastly superior game to the original Xillia, so if you liked the first game this should be a safe bet.

If anything, the fact that they were made pretty much one after the other demonstrates that this is a bit of a different situation than Symphonia 1 & 2.

Around the Network

Xillia 2 looks excellent, really glad it's getting localized. Still haven't got round to the first one, which doesn't seem that related plot-wise, judging from the respective trailers.

pezus said:

Seems like most of it is due to Japan+Rest of World. Why do we have it at only 700k there?

Because as with all publisher numbers, this will be shipped + digital, not sold.

Soriku said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Dam that trailer is so epic.  Btw does anyone else feel like the new little girl is supposed to replace the role Elize played in Xillia?

Well the new little girl (Elle) isn't playable if that's what you mean.

Also I'd like them to localize Vesperia PS3 but they consider it too late at this point...and the Vita games are held back by Vita sales.

Pretty hilarious considering the best selling game in the series is on the Gamecube.

NeoGaf has some data on previous Tales of games:

[GCN - PS2] Tales of Symphonia - 1.439.000 (GCN 953.000 - PS2 486.000)
[PSX] Tales of Destiny - 1.139.000
[PS3] Tales of Xillia - 1.000.000

Well deserve. I can't wait for Symphonia HD and ToX2 :D