By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is Mexico in vgchartz.com??

I started with the nes to, it was my first console, but, before that i played with my brothers atari, and since that, y have been a n64 owner, virtual voy, gamecube, xbox, xbo 360, gameboy, ds and i am not a rich people neither.

End of 2011 (made 02/01/11) 
Wii: 99.453 m
Xbox 360: 67.837 m 
Ps 3: 60.726 m

Best Games/Serie of the Generation

Around the Network

I only knew one person with Xbox 360, 4 with Wii and 0 for PS3.

all of my friends have wiis (6 of my group) 2 have x360s and 1 has a ps3

In my family and with my friends,4 have 360,1 have a Wii,and I have a PS3,the 360's big success here in México-we know very well- is the ability to mod the 360,from the people I know only one of them buys original games,everyone else have mod their 360 and buy software copies for less of $4 dollars,I'm one of the few with PS3 :( ,it's a fact that the most of the hardware/software that the stores sells in México is already counted like U.S. sales,because the NAFTA and every kind of exportation tricks in order to avoid some taxes,this is the principal reason why it is imposible to tell how big sales are in México.

@MANUELF & @cebrian: One of yours friends have their Wiis modded? It's getting very common in this days here in México with the Wii too,it's certainly hurts the gaming sales for Microsoft and Nintendo.(But nothing compare to the damage inflicted to Sony with almost every PS one and PS2 modded here in México,so damn RARE to know someone that don't modded his systems)

Around the Network

I have two of y 6 wii friends with modded wiis, the suckers got to play smash early :@

I need smash now haha

both my friends with 360s dont have it modded

Im from Mexico too, from Monterrey city, and i feel a lot of 360 in the market, few people have a wii, fewer have PS3, but a lot have the 360 and is more popular. This because the 360 is very close to $299dlls - 399dlls price range depending on the version, while the Wii due to demand, it cost like 350dlls or more! while the PS3 cost a lot more, like 800dlls i really dont know , the bad thing is that most people modd the consoles, i have a friend that modded his wii and is playing the japanese SSBB; it almost convinced me to do it, but im strong :p. Almost every friend that hasa 360 has it modded. Anyways here in Mexico we due buy consoles and in good numbers. I think we are a market that only Microsoft is taking advantage off, because Nintendo is lacking a lot in advertising and in pricing, i dont know why!!

I dont know they modded this wii, I never ask, but my wii is intact.

Glad to know all of you VGC mexican partners are strong and don't have modded your Wii/360,me?never modded any of my systems,my PSone,PS2,PSP,and my PS3(of course because does not exist the method right now,and even if hackers and piracy were able to do it,I'll never gonna mod it)and don't want to mod my future Wii neither.

Jose: most of my friends bought their wiis at launch in mcallen, so the price was 250 dollars, I think 360 is strong but I know more people that have wiis, or want wiis...(including parents and girlfriends haha)