By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Ahh, now I understand.

PC Fans tend to be the most difficult to find common ground with.  It is because they are reasonable, it's just their opinions were different then mine.

I always played RTS and TBS but graphics aren't very important. Previously, I preferred FPS on console.

Well, I built my new computer.  This is the first one with higher-end components I ever owned.  I played Crysis and BioShock for the first time (I was waiting till I got my new PC).

There is something so immersive about the keyboard and mouse once you get used to it while 2 feet away from a screen displaying the highest end graphics possible.   I still like MOH:Heroes 2 and Metroid, but the keyboard and mouse combined with the rediculously good graphics are amazing.  I don't know which I would prefer if the Wii had the types of graphics, but the way it is: PC shooters are the best.

Sorry for starting a thread about something people have known for a long time, but I figured this would announce to some that have been around for a while that I am now a PC fanboy.  Not a rabbid fanboy, but a fanboy none the less. 

Thanks for caring...

(By the way, I completely understand how so many mags and websites passed up Super Mario Galaxy for BioShock for GotY.)

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network

Glad you understand the appeal.

The only thing going against PC gaming is typically the cost of building a good rig...which is generally a lot lower than console gamers think.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

yeah, I've recently become a nintendo/PC hybrid gamer. If you can afford a good PC, it's the way to go.

I still haven't played crysis though.

i always thought pc fps were the best, but i have to say, while its less accurate, i find the wii more fun for fps.

so my preferences are wii > pc >>>>xbox360 > ps3

It is expensive to guarantee a decent experience for 2+ years, but it is lower than most think. I almost bought a Gateway with a Quad Core and Nvidia 8500 for $850, a dual core with the Nvidia is like 650, and you can do even better if you build it. Plus these are still PCs that have all the other functions. Mine was $1200 but I went a little bit overboard

(I wanted faster memory and a faster hard-drive with a power supply for future use; I will probably use the same case for my main system for years to come so I want a good power supply for when I am running two Nvidia 10800xts, 2TB solid state hard drive, and 64GB of memory on a 20 nm Core3-Dodeca(12 core) with water cooling in 2011)

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network

Welcome aboard Steven787! Always happy to have another convert~

To Each Man, Responsibility

I was exclusively a PC gamer for a long time, and I still slip back into the habit when a particularly good PC game comes my way (like Portal; endless fun to be had there). The appeal for me was never the graphics, but rather, the customization possible. PC games have been big on letting you design your own levels and campaigns for well over a decade. I still recall building levels for DooM back in the day... But I digress. Glad to hear you've found a way to enjoy PC gaming!

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Man said:
i always thought pc fps were the best, but i have to say, while its less accurate, i find the wii more fun for fps.

so my preferences are wii > pc >>>>xbox360 > ps3

PC is the best for fps imo cause nothing can beat the mighty mouse

^ i know the pc is best for accuracy and speed, but theres just something more...entertaining about acutally aiming with the wii remote.

^well i guess but fun comes with actually hitting something - not missing