By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official gamrConnect Pokemon X/Y Thread (It's Finally Here!)

Tagged games:

Which Starter Will You Choose?

Chespin sows the seeds of greatness! 76 41.08%

Fennekin fires me up! 45 24.32%

Froakie washes away the competition! 50 27.03%

Total:171
ktay95 said:
c0rd said:

Been breeding while surfing the web all day...

If anyone is breeding 5 perf IV Pokemon, let me know. I'll have a couple soon enough, goes much easier when sharing w/ others.

Im working on Garchomp and already have 3 with 5 perfect IVs (none have SpecAtk). 2 of them have egg moves Outrage and Iron Head. still breeding though coz I want the HA

Oh, cool. If you get any spare 5 IV males, let me know! I've got 5 IV from the Field or Human-like groups if you need (missing sp.A)

Around the Network

That damn National dex screwed with my box organization . Spent the last hour getting the pokes all organized by their Dex number. *OCD much*

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
That damn National dex screwed with my box organization . Spent the last hour getting the pokes all organized by their Dex number. *OCD much*

did thhe same thing in bw, will probs do this when the online Boxes are available

ktay95 said:
lestatdark said:

did thhe same thing in bw, will probs do this when the online Boxes are available

Me too, but the problem is that I already had 7 Bokes filled with pokes, it was the biggest amount in any pre-national dex that I ever had, so it was a big nuisance. I don't know why they don't give us the option to auto-sort boxes, doesn't make sense nowadays.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
TM25 said:
lestatdark said:

As far as I can tell they don't repeat but I've done it maybe 5 times so there is still the possibility but it is certainly more varied than the other facilities.

I'm curious about that team you faced.  I had to deal with a cobalion, tornadus and articuno team, was yours something similar they are all part of trios so it seemed a bit off.   

Sadly only saw Terrakion, which was running a LO and a Jolly + 252 EV + 31 IV speed set. It was enough to outspeed my 'chomp and OHKO with Stone Edge, so I was completely outclassed (was running Crobat, Garchomp and Delphox). Cobalion would have been a much easier thing to deal with. Funny enough, that was on the fourth battle and on the fifth I decimated the trainer team.

Yeah my team is weak to earthquake and rock so it would have been a sweep, tornadus was using a hax set so it was the biggest problem, sylveon walled articuno though so that was nice.

Around the Network
TM25 said:
lestatdark said:
TM25 said:
lestatdark said:

As far as I can tell they don't repeat but I've done it maybe 5 times so there is still the possibility but it is certainly more varied than the other facilities.

I'm curious about that team you faced.  I had to deal with a cobalion, tornadus and articuno team, was yours something similar they are all part of trios so it seemed a bit off.   

Sadly only saw Terrakion, which was running a LO and a Jolly + 252 EV + 31 IV speed set. It was enough to outspeed my 'chomp and OHKO with Stone Edge, so I was completely outclassed (was running Crobat, Garchomp and Delphox). Cobalion would have been a much easier thing to deal with. Funny enough, that was on the fourth battle and on the fifth I decimated the trainer team.

Yeah my team is weak to earthquake and rock so it would have been a sweep, tornadus was using a hax set so it was the biggest problem, sylveon walled articuno though so that was nice.

Ahaha, good old Institute/Frontier haxes. While triple battling, on the 19th round, I went against a Rhydon using a Quick Claw which always activated .

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
TM25 said:
lestatdark said:
TM25 said:

Ahaha, good old Institute/Frontier haxes. While triple battling, on the 19th round, I went against a Rhydon using a Quick Claw which always activated .

Why it it always that line that abuses that item.  I quit the battle tower in platinum bacause an assured win was lost to that thing activating three times in a row on a Rhyperior.  Earthquake twice on Garchomp and stone edge crit on weavile.  The crit of course to rub salt into the wound.

What I find to be X/Y's most fascinating feature right now is how we're actually updating old Pokemon with new stats. Besides the Special Split in Gold/Silver, we've never seen GameFreak alter a Pokemon's stats for a new generation.

Serebii is currently checking the older Pokemon, and has come up with a preliminary list.

Also... I need two more Dittos (well technically 3, but I really don't need a neutral nature). -_-

Smeags said:
What I find to be X/Y's most fascinating feature right now is how we're actually updating old Pokemon with new stats. Besides the Special Split in Gold/Silver, we've never seen GameFreak alter a Pokemon's stats for a new generation.

Serebii is currently checking the older Pokemon, and has come up with a preliminary list.

Also... I need two more Dittos (well technically 3, but I really don't need a neutral nature). -_-

Aye, apparently everyone's scrambling to reorganize all the lists now. Nintendo releasing all regions simultaneously really threw the competitive scene for a loop

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

TM25 said:
lestatdark said:
TM25 said:
lestatdark said:
TM25 said:

Why it it always that line that abuses that item.  I quit the battle tower in platinum bacause an assured win was lost to that thing activating three times in a row on a Rhyperior.  Earthquake twice on Garchomp and stone edge crit on weavile.  The crit of course to rub salt into the wound.

Crit haxes are the worst of the bunch. They always seem to get the crits when they need them the most. The same for having almost perfect accuracy for those 50 - 70% moves

Current PC Build