By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official gamrConnect Pokemon X/Y Thread (It's Finally Here!)

Tagged games:

Which Starter Will You Choose?

Chespin sows the seeds of greatness! 76 41.08%

Fennekin fires me up! 45 24.32%

Froakie washes away the competition! 50 27.03%

Total:171

Has anyone tried the Battle Institute yet? What was your first try score? Got Hyper rank with my EV trained Delphox, Crobat and Garchomp. Couldn't get higher because the fourth round Terrakion destroyed my team, need a Bullet Punch user.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

Welp I've made 3 competitive pokes, not happy with the results tho, but trying sets is better than not trying.

But that leaves my semi-competative team back to 0......

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

_crazy_man_ said:
Welp I've made 3 competitive pokes, not happy with the results tho, but trying sets is better than not trying.

want a warm up battle? i have only 1 IV+EV trained pokemon but i can manage

tbone51 said:
_crazy_man_ said:

want a warm up battle? i have only 1 IV+EV trained pokemon but i can manage

Nah I'm too wrapped around planning how to change my failed pokes.

Plus I finalized what I want to do with Protean Greninja and will be farming eggs to get the right Hidden Power tonight.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

lestatdark said:
Has anyone tried the Battle Institute yet? What was your first try score? Got Hyper rank with my EV trained Delphox, Crobat and Garchomp. Couldn't get higher because the fourth round Terrakion destroyed my team, need a Bullet Punch user.

First time I got super, i used the in game mons but I lost one of the matches, the run was bad in general.  Greninja was holding lucky egg of all things, and Lucario could only Aura sphere and quick attack.

Ever since I got Elite status the highest is 5939, presumably 6000 is the required for the next title.  

Around the Network
TM25 said:
lestatdark said:

First time I got super, i used the in game mons but I lost one of the matches, the run was bad in general.  Greninja was holding lucky egg of all things, and Lucario could only Aura sphere and quick attack.

Ever since I got Elite status the highest is 5939, presumably 6000 is the required for the next title.  

Do the pokes you face vary or the teams stay the same?

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
TM25 said:
lestatdark said:

Do the pokes you face vary or the teams stay the same?

As far as I can tell they don't repeat but I've done it maybe 5 times so there is still the possibility but it is certainly more varied than the other facilities.

I'm curious about that team you faced.  I had to deal with a cobalion, tornadus and articuno team, was yours something similar they are all part of trios so it seemed a bit off.   

lets battle somebody

tbone51 said:
lets battle somebody

soon tbone, soon...

I am still on the 6th badge :(

Been breeding while surfing the web all day...

If anyone is breeding 5 perf IV Pokemon, let me know. I'll have a couple soon enough, goes much easier when sharing w/ others.