By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U hardware up 685% in UK!

Max King of the Wild said:
EricFabian said:

some people here said that some Wii U predictions are delusional, but what about yours? Do you really believe that? I just want to know

The Wii U didn't have over a million in preorders months before it launched.  Wii U had 500k at Gamestop the biggest gaming chain. Since Sony announced over a million pre-orders they have said they will produce more than that for people who havent preordered AND they have taken more preorders AND started accepting preorders in places like Japan. Ps4 will no doubt sell damn close to 2million first weeks aligned. Ps3 has been declining for a couple years now and will probably suffer its biggest yearly declines next year due to the new consoles. Of course I believe the Ps4 will outsell it.

ok then.

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network

The real question is, can the PS4 outsell the Wiiu lifetime sales before the end of the year?

chapset said:
EricFabian said:
So PS4 will do better than PS3 just because some people want? Well I really want Wii U to be a sucess, but it is not yet.

Why PS4 will outsell PS3 in first year?

the ps3 did 7.9mill it's first year (2007) the ps4 is coming with more hype, cheaper and with a weaker competition worst case the ps4 does around 8mill first year. Now ask yourself this do you really see the PS3 selling more than 8mill in 2014????

I'm not sure people realize Sony is going to wipe out at least a quarter of Ps3's sales out in a single weeks worth of sales alone. You can add Sony being more prepared in the list of why Ps4 will sell more than Ps3 did it's first year.

Frequency said:
The real question is, can the PS4 outsell the Wiiu lifetime sales before the end of the year?

This year? No, but it will certainly wipe out most, it not all, of the Wii U's sales this year leaving its last years sales left to catch up to. Next year? Ask me in March

burninmylight said:
Kane1389 said:
Viper1 said:
Kane1389 said:
Zero999 said:

it's numbers are higher than 3ds, ps3 and 360 regular uk weeks, that's hardly "half-dead".

So you're telling me that during the 1st price cut week and the release of a strong IP game, Wii U managed to sell 1k -2k more than 8 year old consoles??? My God, Wii U is a BEAST

So there is no in between half dead and beast?   It's either half dead or it's a beast? 

Give it a break.  Acknowledge the Wii U had a great week and move on.  

Your sarcasm makes it sound like this actually bothers you.

I wasnt talking about this single week, but general overall performance. This week being ''great'' for Wii U just shows in what a desperate position it actually is.

I think it's pretty well established the Wii U is in a deep hole. No need to beat a dead horse over and over and over again.

I wonder what's so wrong about that statement then ?

Around the Network

..so it went from 7 being sold to 34¼ a week (Give or take a couple from being returned or resold at ebay/craigslist).

Frequency said:
Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
Seece said:
Nah. It'll be slow going. Do people want those badly enough to upgrade? Especially when they can get it on hardware they already own?
Will the graphics really matter to them? They wont be entirely new games either.

They wanted it badly enough with PS360, despite $599 and RROD.

Last gen was winding down. Gaming Industry was moving on.

Gaming industry in this case isnt moving on. Especially not in Japan.

Im not speaking from a industry perspective. But from a consumer.

Will the majority want to upgrade as quickly as possible because they're games on the PS4.Xbone that they can play on their current systems albeit with two discs? No.

We got 2014-2015 games to deal with before we see the "new stuff"

Take it from someone who actually lives here (japan), there is constant talk of PS4, not a single place offering ps4 preorders had any left within 12 hours of going live the second time, within 30 minuted the first time, I'm constantly seeing kids in the street talking about it, hearing coworkers I talk to in bars talk about it.

Not sure why you feel Japanese are some sort of unknown species that don't find games westerners play as 'fun' cannot count the number if times I've heard talk of knack, killzone and the order.

But hey, what would a Japanese person living in japan know about japan over someone who doesn't?

You must be living in Osaka. Everyone round my parts are very tepid.

People, the PS3 sold what it did because like the PS3 it was a cheaper blue -ray player than the rest of the market. The techies went after that shit hard.Had that new hardware feeling with the whole transfer to HDTV's( which took it a decent while to get moving)

Like the PS2. All the PS4 is connecting your TV to the internet and some meh launch games.

In the long run, the PS4 will do fine so long as it gets the games it needs , but we're talking right  here and right now.

Also 2 million ? Where do you get 2 million. Barely breaking 1 million so far.

Frequency said:
Seece said:
Nah. It'll be slow going. Do people want those badly enough to upgrade? Especially when they can get it on hardware they already own?
Will the graphics really matter to them? They wont be entirely new games either.

They wanted it badly enough with PS360, despite $599 and RROD.

Last gen was winding down. Gaming Industry was moving on.

Gaming industry in this case isnt moving on. Especially not in Japan.

Im not speaking from a industry perspective. But from a consumer.

Will the majority want to upgrade as quickly as possible because they're games on the PS4.Xbone that they can play on their current systems albeit with two discs? No.

We got 2014-2015 games to deal with before we see the "new stuff"

Take it from someone who actually lives here (japan), there is constant talk of PS4, not a single place offering ps4 preorders had any left within 12 hours of going live the second time, within 30 minuted the first time, I'm constantly seeing kids in the street talking about it, hearing coworkers I talk to in bars talk about it.

Not sure why you feel Japanese are some sort of unknown species that don't find games westerners play as 'fun' cannot count the number if times I've heard talk of knack, killzone and the order.

But hey, what would a Japanese person living in japan know about japan over someone who doesn't?

You must be living in Osaka. Everyone round my parts are very tepid.

People, the PS3 sold what it did because like the PS3 it was a cheaper blue -ray player than the rest of the market. The techies went after that shit hard.Had that new hardware feeling with the whole transfer to HDTV's( which took it a decent while to get moving)

Like the PS2. All the PS4 is connecting your TV to the internet and some meh launch games.

In the long run, the PS4 will do fine so long as it gets the games it needs , but we're talking right  here and right now.

Also 2 million ? Where do you get 2 million. Barely breaking 1 million so far.

Kanagawa, as close to Tokyo as you're going to get without paying out of the ass for houses half the size.

zorg1000 said:
Kane1389 said:

Thats a pretty cheap excuse. And PS2 was getting popualr games in its late years (just not as popular as GTA) like GOW 2. And PS360 together sold 160m so i'd say thats pretty impressive.

And you're yet to adress the fact Wii as trouncing the PS2 in 2007 and 08

GoW is clearly not on the same calibur as GTA in terms of sales/popularity. GTA 5 first weeks sales were over triple GoW 2 lifetimes sales.

Like I've clearly said.

And Wii is an exception, u said earlier we would likely never see a PS2 again well the same thing could be said for Wii, there will most likely never be a console with such enourmous demand as Wii had in its first 2-3 years.

No, its not an excpetion. PS2 was also destorying PS1

Also Genesis was outsold by NES in its early years. Saturn was being outsold by SNES and I believe even PS1 got off to a slow start with SNES outselling it initially. Dreamcast was outsold by PS1/N64 in 2000. PS1 sold better than GC/Xbox in 2002. PS2 sold better than PS3/360 in 2006 & 2007. It is very common for previous gen consoles to do better than next gen consoles at first.

Back this up with something because i doubt you'd know how consoles sales numbers and comparisons 20 years ago

archbrix said:
Kane1389 said:
archbrix said:

Zorg already admirably addressed your point.  By the end of the PS2's 7th year it had already sold over 120m units.  The PS360 were somewhat late bloomers regarding sales.  They were intended to sustain the longest generation the industry has ever seen.  As a perfect example I'll answer your post above with this:  The PS2 wasn't receiving games the caliber of GTAV in its 8th year.

Thats a pretty cheap excuse. And PS2 was getting popualr games in its late years (just not as popular as GTA) like GOW 2. And PS360 together sold 160m so i'd say thats pretty impressive.

And you're yet to adress the fact Wii as trouncing the PS2 in 2007 and 08

No, it's not a cheap excuse at all and my point still stands completely.  The PS2 didn't have even remotely the support of big titles in its 8th year that the HD twins have whether you want to admit it or not.  And BTW, GOW 2 came early in its 7th year...

Finally, the Wii was the biggest front-loaded phenomenon the industry has ever seen regarding consoles.  That's common knowledge; I really didn't think that needed addressing.

Oh God, stop grasping at starws already. PS1 was outselling SNES, (i think, i need confirmation for this) PS2 was outselling PS1, Wii was outselling PS2, and yes PS4 will start outselling PS360, this is what next gen systems are supposed to do, so why is the Second Coming of Christ when WiiU does it by 2-3k in one region (and still gets outsold badly WW)?