By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are you switching console allegiance, or staying the same?

Are you switching?

Going from Xbox 360 to PS4. 59 12.61%

Going from PS3 to Xbox One. 22 4.70%

Going from 360/PS3 to Wii U. 23 4.91%

Going from Wii to PS4/Xbox One. 6 1.28%

Staying within Playstation (PS3 to PS4). 206 44.02%

Staying within Xbox (Xbox 360 to Xbox One). 38 8.12%

Staying within Nintendo (Wii to Wii U). 66 14.10%

Switching to OUYA MOTHATRUCKERS! 12 2.56%

Yo Mama! 36 7.69%

Total:468

I currently own PS3, X360 and PSVita (MIGHT buy a 3DS).

Planning to stick with PlayStation and get a PS4 for sure, Xbone has a small chance but after PS4.

So I'll stay with PlayStation (and maybe Xbox depending on lineup). No plans for Wii U so far.

Around the Network

I already betrayed PC for a while with my Android smartphone, but I dropped gaming on the latter due to EA crappy policies and attitude and above all due to gaming on small touchscreens without physical game controls being horribly uncomfortable. All this tells me I'm not 100% faithful, I could betray the PC for PS4 to play the next GT games and some other games too and to have a backup gaming machine when some program messes Windows up and I don't want to fix it immediately. Not at launch price, though. I don't exclude gaming again on Android devices too, but most probably I'll want a bigger screen and more RAM and internal storage, as I saw on my cheap smartphone that having little of the former can affect compatibility and performances, while little of the latter can give problems installing new apps and games (I'll have to root it and move some preloaded SW from internal storage to SD to solve this annoying problem that doesn't affect only games).

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Switching from PC & PS360 to PC & Wii U.

PS3 -> PS4.. id consider getting a xbox1 as well if they had exclusive games i liked but so far they only have titan fall but im not to worried about that game

I hope to have enough money to purchase everything, including the Ps3 which I missed this gen.

EDIT: sorry, Vita, you're not into my plans :(

Around the Network

Primary:
PC -> Upgrade PC

Console Primary:
PS3 -> PS4 (Still not sure what I want at launch.  I really wanted Knack but damn have they put a bad taste in my mouth.  If it doesnt improve, I will not be getting one at launch)

Secondary Console:
X360 -> At some point X1 (Might be launch if Ryse can take the bad taste out of my mouth.  it looks beautiful, but does not look "smooth" to me)

Third:
Wii (have 3 games!) -> WiiU (I have one and still haven't played it besides setting it up)

i've been with Nintendo since i started playing games.

went Nintendo + Sony in 2004.

went Nintendo + Microsoft in the last generation.

will be going back to Nintendo + Sony this generation.

i'm primarily  a PC gamer tho, lol.

Lack of PC option in the poll is disturbing, but luckily there's the almighty Ouya!!!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

ps3+xbox360 -> Wii U