By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - TRUE XB1 vs PS4 spec comparison

kirby007 said:

In that case i suppose the GT-R is the One and you will need to find a stronger car for the ps4

Stronger, and cheaper.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
dsgrue3 said:
kirby007 said:
dsgrue3 said:

This is a GT-R (PS4) versus a 911 Carrera S(XOne), both are tuned, performance vehicles.

545 hp --- 400 hp

463 lb/ft torque --- 325 lb/ft torque

3,829 lbs --- 3,075 lbs

GT-R mops the floor against the much lighter Porsche. OS does not give you performance, that's like saying the gear ratios give you performance; they don't. 

both vehicles behave differently and perform best in different situations, do you agree on that?

No, you will struggle to find any performance metric that the Porsche gets on top.

GT-R simply eats similarly prices cars for breakfast, lunch, and dinner - and bests a whole slew of supercars on Nurburgring.

In that case i suppose the GT-R is the One and you will need to find a stronger car for the ps4

Car analogy is terrible to begin with here you go, Xbox one is an r32 gtr 2.0 litre turbo, ps4 is r34 gtr nismo 2.4 litre turbo

dsgrue3 said:
kirby007 said:
I basicly compare it to cars.
You have a Bugatti on the one hand with over a thousand horsepower. ( 1.000 ) ( possiblity to be tuned )
On the other hand you got a Saleen with less horsepower ( 750 ) and is actually tuned.

These cars both have their strong and weak points in different situations.
You can have all the power you want but in a corner it barely has any use!
while on the straight the raw power will be awesome!

Not even thinking of weight which gives even more variables ( OS and other stuff )

This is a GT-R (PS4) versus a 911 Carrera S(XOne), both are tuned, performance vehicles.

545 hp --- 400 hp

3,829 lbs --- 3,075 lbs

GT-R mops the floor against the much lighter Porsche. OS does not give you performance, that's like saying the gear ratios give you performance; they don't. 

First of all, car analogies are hard to apply here.  

Second, the the bold makes me want to slap you.  Overall performance can DEFINITELY be changed by gear ratios.  WTF is the matter with you?  Now, overall POWER that can be delivered by the engine wont, but you know, its kind of important how and when you get that power to the ground.

Gears can give you great quarter mile times, or great times for track racing where you need top end.  Some cars with proper gears cannot physically go past 120s MPH (Yet will light up a 1/4 mile), yet with different gear ratios that engine would do 180+ on the track but have a much worse quarter mile time... and everything in between.  GAH!

g911turbo said:
dsgrue3 said:

545 hp --- 400 hp

3,829 lbs --- 3,075 lbs

Second, the the bold makes me want to slap you.  Overall performance can DEFINITELY be changed by gear ratios.  WTF is the matter with you?  Now, overall POWER that can be delivered by the engine wont, but you know, its kind of important how and when you get that power to the ground.

Gears can give you great quarter mile times, or great times for track racing where you need top end.  Some cars with proper gears cannot physically go past 120s MPH (Yet will light up a 1/4 mile), yet with different gear ratios that engine would do 180+ on the track but have a much worse quarter mile time... and everything in between.  GAH!

Poor wording I admit. The point was you can shift around power bands, but that's not going to suddenly make your engine's performance metrics improve.

Forget I even came up with it you guys seem to rape logic each time and only see one narrowminded pov

Will fit football shoes and climbing shoes better?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
Forget I even came up with it you guys seem to rape logic each time and only see one narrowminded pov

This is ironic because you seem to think the Xbone will have areas where it has a performance advantage, despite having lower specs.

I'm not sure why you think a lower spec'd machine will perform better (same with cars).

It's not that we can't understand your point, it's that your point does not match the reality of the situation. You wanted a car scenario where perhaps one wins the drag, and the other wins the track. But what prompts you to think this will be the case? Clouds?

dsgrue3 said:
g911turbo said:
dsgrue3 said:

545 hp --- 400 hp

3,829 lbs --- 3,075 lbs

Poor wording I admit. The point was you can shift around power bands, but that's not going to suddenly make your engine's performance metrics improve.

Fair enough.   But your initial analogy backfired lol.  I agree the PS4 is more powerful, but stop trying to make the analogy to cars as it doesnt work.  Espeically since you can upgrade cars where it is 100X harder to do so on a game system (wouldn't matter anyways since games are made with the stock system specs in mind).  The PS4 provides more power for geometry rendering, plain and effin simple. HOWEVER, the OS might provide Microsoft some advantages on their GUI unrelated to games.  Time will tell.

---

And BTW, your power band of the engine remands the same actually (Dyno can show this, power is area under the curve (INTEGRAL if you want to get mathematical)), its when and where in that power band you are that can change (GEAR Ratios, etc).  

Actually, that is why some cars with a PEAK HP/Torque number that is higher than another car will actually be slower than the other car to 100MPH.  WHY?  Because the other car sustains power across the band (RPM range) better.   Sometimes also known as a "flat" vs. peaky curve. 

dsgrue3 said:
kirby007 said:

This is ironic because you seem to think the Xbone will have areas where it has a performance advantage, despite having lower specs.

I'm not sure why you think a lower spec'd machine will perform better (same with cars).

It's not that we can't understand your point, it's that your point does not match the reality of the situation. You wanted a car scenario where perhaps one wins the drag, and the other wins the track. But what prompts you to think this will be the case? Clouds?

By the way you word that. i'm not even gonna bother further.

I'll leave this here tho!

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

fatslob-:O said:
fallen said:
RenCutypoison said:
fallen said:

X1:

e) 1.75 ghz Jaguar (Plus SHAPE audio chip likely ~1 CPU core of audio processing, +cloud support which we will ignore for now but could offload things like AI from X1 CPU in the future)

Reading shit again.

Saying cloud support on hardware side is stupid. PS4 and Wii U are connected to the internet too.

Can you point me to where Sony and (LOL) Nintendo execs mention their array of servers set up and offered to developers to help their consoles?

That's really the difference here. MS has their Azure cloud infrastructure ready to go, because it's a part of their business.  Someone will bring up Sony's Gakai here, but that's complelety different tech. It's more in line with what Microsoft calls "Rio" (cloud streaming service, which they demonstrated streaming Halo 4 to a windows phone)

I did not include Cloud in the comparison anyway, simply mentioned it as an aside. We will see. But I also think it's silly to pretend it doesn't exist. I'd say more that the jury is out how much it will help.

Even if it simply is used for dedicated servers for every multiplayer game, that alone saves CPU. I think AI might be another lowhanging fruit to offload from the local CPU, but again without any proof yet, I dont include it in my spec comparison. The picture could change in 2-3 years though.

MS Azure won't do shit for graphics just so you know otherwise they would be losing billions upons billions and that would be the end of the xbox divison. 

Indirectly it will, so stop being subborn

I BAKE 5 CAKES IN ONE OVEN ( with capacity 5 )

THEN SUDDENLY THE BAKER OFFERS TO BAKE TWO (2)

SO THAT OPENS 2 SLOTS IN MY OVEN WHICH I NOW CAN USE FOR PIZZAPIECHUTNEY

SO I WILL HAVE 5 CAKES AND TWO PIZZAPIECHUTNEYS

The true comparison is: there's no secret sauce, cloud or anything else which could make up for the raw power advantage of PS4. Even MS fans should know that.

That doesn't mean the console is doomed, we have seen weakest consoles to succeed already. By having a weaker (and more expensive) console, MS will have to offer good games, online service and promotions to compensate for. We still don't know how the raw power difference will translate to the actual game appearance, the only problem is if the different becomes really huge, maybe equal to the 40% value which is currently estimated.

Personally, I'd love to see WIIU resurrecting and xbox1 doing well too. Competition is what bring us good products. But if I had to bet all my money in a console, PS4 would be the chosen one.