Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VD-Dev "pushing the 3DS to its limits"

Chrizum said:
fatslob-:O said:
Chrizum said:
Viper1 said:
Viper1 said:

I'm sorry but if we are talking flamebait, your bait is that neon sign in the window coupled with the analog arrow sign out front with the plastic lettering all topped off with the guy in the funny costume near the road side dancing with the arrow sign pointing toward your 'store'.

These so called "flamebaits" just so happen to have facts to back them.

What you call 'facts' are often referrred to as opinion by others.  Coupled with far too many data inputs that are most certanly not facts.

Fact: The 3DS is weaker than the gamecube. 

Fact: When you present a fact, provide evidence to support your claim, otherwise you're better off saying nothing.

Fact: It has less shaders than the gamecube and a lower clock. 

Your reply shows a complete lack of understanding of system hardware.

A lower clock (whatever that means? I asume you refer to the CPU, but "has a lower clock" is an ambigious statement as it could just as well refer to the GPU) is irrelevant. 3DS has a much more modern architecture, and it boasts a dual-core CPU whereas GameCube just has a single core CPU. The 3DS also pushes more polygons per second, has more system RAM (128MB versus 40MB!!).

Ultimately, we've learned that it's no use to listen to anything you say when it comes to hardware because you are clearly uneducated on the matter.

@Bold That includes the GPU. 

The cpu in the 3DS is just as weak as the gamecube. PC gamers know full well that a pure ARM cpu is really shit in floating point performance so you're the one with less understanding about system hardware here. The cpu is almost irrelevant when pushing better graphics. 

The PS2 can push out more polygons so your point is ? 

Around the Network
Chrizum said:
Chrizum said:
Viper1 said:
Viper1 said:

I'm sorry but if we are talking flamebait, your bait is that neon sign in the window coupled with the analog arrow sign out front with the plastic lettering all topped off with the guy in the funny costume near the road side dancing with the arrow sign pointing toward your 'store'.

What you call 'facts' are often referrred to as opinion by others.  Coupled with far too many data inputs that are most certanly not facts.

Fact: When you present a fact, provide evidence to support your claim, otherwise you're better off saying nothing.

A lower clock (whatever that means? I asume you refer to the CPU, but "has a lower clock" is an ambigious statement as it could just as well refer to the GPU) is irrelevant. 3DS has a much more modern architecture, and it boasts a dual-core CPU whereas GameCube just has a single core CPU. The 3DS also pushes more polygons per second, has more system RAM (128MB versus 40MB!!).

Ultimately, we've learned that it's no use to listen to anything you say when it comes to hardware because you are clearly uneducated on the matter.

The cpu in the 3DS is just as weak as the gamecube. PC gamers know full well that a pure ARM cpu is really shit in floating point performance so you're the one with less understanding about system hardware here. The cpu is almost irrelevant when pushing better graphics. 

It's amazing how you are able to write up a post where every single thing is wrong. You are a waste of time.

Do you have any idea how correct and incorrect you are at the same time?

With that said, I'm going to ask you (becaue I already know) what specifallay is weaker.  And I'd like you to tell me in CPU calls, Interrupt requsts, shader writes, polygon culls, etc...that give your answer.

Otherwise, bye.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:

Huh ? Aren't you quick to judge when you yourself flamebait others. 

Bwahahaha ! Good one !

Viper1 said:

Huh ? Aren't you quick to judge when you yourself flamebait others. 

Back them up ? Are you  kidding me ? You literally said "The 3DS was already at it's limits when it came out at launch"

...flamebaiting nonsense !

Around the Network
Chrizum said:
Chrizum said:
Chrizum said:
Viper1 said:
Viper1 said:

It's amazing how you are able to write up a post where every single thing is wrong. You are a waste of time.

It's amazing that you get hurt over simple facts. (Can ayone here say denial LMAO.)

Viper1 said:

With that said, I'm going to ask you (becaue I already know) what specifallay is weaker.  And I'd like you to tell me in CPU calls, Interrupt requsts, shader writes, polygon culls, etc...that give your answer.

Otherwise, bye.

I learned a lot about the GameCube and original XBox a few months ago and it was absolutely fascinating to find out where their different strenghts were !

Great stuff, overall summary: You can´t say that the XBox was the  stronger console !

There is more to it than that ! (you obviously know your tech stuff....in contrast to ... others )

Viper1 said:

Otherwise, bye.

If you can't face it then I might as well not bother LOL. Hahaha

Nothing wrong with my statement about how the 3DS is weaker than a gamecube, now is it ? 

orniletter said:
Viper1 said:

Otherwise, bye.

I learned a lot about the GameCube and original XBox a few months ago and it was absolutely fascinating to find out where their different strenghts were !

Great stuff, overall summary: You can´t say that the XBox was the overall stronger console !

There is more to it than that ! (you obviously know your tech stuff....in contrast to ... others )

@Bold Hahaha. You guys keep cracking me up with your ignorance.

Do you people realize how delusional that statement of how xbox is not overall stronger than the cube ?

orniletter said:
Viper1 said:

Otherwise, bye.

Great stuff, overall summary: You can´t say that the XBox was the overall stronger console !

@Bold Hahaha. You guys keep cracking me up with your ignorance.

Do you people realize how delusional that statement of how xbox is not overall stronger than the cube ?

You are really a valuable addition to this community. We can all be happy you made an account here. Please go on and enlighten us further with your shining knowledge and your ability to talk to people in an educated way.