By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Deus Ex Human Revolution not exclusive to Wii U.

This may be common knowledge, but I was under the impression that the director's cut was exclusive.  Turns out the director's cut version is also on the PS3 and 360 and costs $29.99 while the Wii U version costs $49.99. 

http://www.amazon.com/Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-Directors-Playstation/dp/B00DJ42BUQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1381201461&sr=8-4&keywords=deus+ex

*edit*

Just Googled it.  Also  looks like the PS3 version will use the Vita while the 360 will use Smart Glass to utilize the Wii U gamepad features.

http://www.destructoid.com/deus-ex-hr-directors-cut-no-longer-wii-u-exclusive-256072.phtml

Around the Network

it was then it wasn't

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

that happened a while ago... It's also on PC and Mac, though for U.S. it's probably only available digitally on PC, because that's what SE games have been for awhile aside from FFXIV.

I'm picking up PC version again cause its my favorite game in like 10 years, the wii-u version being priced that high is dumb when it doesn't have anything exclusive anymore..

all of them are gonna bomb anyway so who cares

I'm guessing $30 on PC also?

Around the Network

Nothing stays exclusive for very long these days

DieAppleDie said:

Nintendo fans did when they thought the director's cut was exclusive.

I was never interested in it because I played the regular version and it was just extremely boring.

Excellent game. Nintendo fans might have a gripe about the price but this really shouldn't be exclusive. If it was just added gamepad features, okay, but the big thing about this version is that the boss fights were fixed, which should not be an exclusive feature. Honestly, people shouldn't have to pay for those to be fixed but that's the way it is.

Sorry but

But seriously, i will wait the drop price, take it for wiiu, play it and sell it, not a big deal. At the time they announced, i get mad, but then i remenber i'm not a shareholder of nintendo or SE, so, if they decide give us a otimized port, im cool with it.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

kupomogli said:
DieAppleDie said:

Nintendo fans did when they thought the director's cut was exclusive.

I was never interested in it because I played the regular version and it was just extremely boring.

think i made a thread about this months ago. but why would Ninty fans care if a game is exclusive or not? a good game is a good game or are they so petty?