By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Project CARS For Wii U Features Particle Shadows, Multi-Threaded Shadowing

so sick of all the news about this game. Let it be out already lol. I want to play dammit.

Around the Network

There's also a mention of increased thread priorities, the HUD being optimized, along with being able to rotate HUD objects (which seems to hint at using the GamePad to potentially change their orientation).

Hell yes. This is exactly what I want. I want a sim that plays like Real Racing 3 without the freemium garbage that EA crammed in there. Will throw money at them if they can deliver.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Well well, when developers try, it seems like the hardware can do wonders.

At last some unbiased journalism about Wii U and its hardware abilty, if these devs can deliver i would gladly throw my money their way.

Direct X 11 equivalent on wiiU? WTF

What kind of magical pony dust is he running on that engine to make that happen if its true that is...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Nice to know this game is coming along nicely for the Wii U, but it's a shame that it's exactly the kind of genre that bores me to tears. I'd get it otherwise.

Sounds awesome, will definitely purchase day one.

And the struggling Nintendo doesn't help this studio, given their 3rd party situation.

I'm bafled.

Maybe I'll get it eventually.

CGI-Quality said:
Wright said:

This doesn't seem to be better than Project Gotham Racing, but definitively shaping up to be able to beat Forza, Gran Turismo and Driveclub.

On PC, it looks better than any racing game out there, but handling/physics are quite a ways behind GT. Not a big Forza player, so I wouldn't be able to judge that.

Try Project Gotham Racing. Best driving game of the seventh generation :3

Nice to hear they are making the effort. Love me a good racing game.