By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How bad will selll Mario 3D World

I will eventually get it but right now, I am a bit bored of Mario games, subpar or not. I still think this game will surprise many and still sell well. I don't think anywhere near Galaxy numbers but I'm guessing between 2-5mil

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
AZWification said:
Lucas-Rio said:

Let's face it, Mario 3D world look totally subpar compared to the previous Galaxies.  The Wii U is selling quite badly and this subpar game won't be a true system seller.

I predict the game to be the worst selling game of the serie. It will sold less than Sunshine and NSMBU. I think that it will sell 2.5-3 millions LT, which would be a big failure for platform Mario.

The typical consumer doesn't give a flying  damn if  3D World doesn't match Galaxy in terms of quality. They will buy it because it is Mario.

Why didn't they buy NSMBWiiU then?

Simply because the only way to get NSMBU was to buy a WiiU, and it wasn't bundled with it. Do the math... you had to pay 350$ or 400$ to play it, it's just too much... even for Mario, also there weren't any other killer apps at the time.

"How bad will selll Mario 3D World"

Mario am gone worst sell.

Lucas-Rio said:

Let's face it, Mario 3D world look totally subpar compared to the previous Galaxies.  The Wii U is selling quite badly and this subpar game won't be a true system seller.

I predict the game to be the worst selling game of the serie. It will sold less than Sunshine and NSMBU. I think that it will sell 2.5-3 millions LT, which would be a big failure for platform Mario.

I predict 3 million. Most Wii U users will get the game. I'm not sure about it being a system seller, but it might.

3DS Friend Code: 0533 - 6146 - 0418
PSN ID: atylerman5

IMHO I think 3D World looks a lot more fun than Galaxy. But then I'm crazy. I can't wait to pick up 3D World.

As for sales. I think it will sell well on the Wii U. But it will not outsell Galaxy unless Wii U sales pick up a lot.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:
AZWification said:

Excuse me.  They didn't  market the Wii U well enough.

And they will market it well now?

You do kno NSMBU doing very well right? it has over 2mil on a 3.5mil userbase. That attach ratiooter systems would dream of. I think its way to earlly to call it off! Yes in terms of sales compare to the others but other titles had 20mil+ user base. Give it timme, mario games have the best legs in gaming

Yeah... because there's nothing else to buy. Those 3.5M have to buy a couple of games, right?

POE said:

What in heavens name? That looks on the same level as Troll 2, good for a laugh!!

Deadly Friend is now added to my IMDB wishlist :P

(sorry for being off topic guys, i couldn't resist this mesmerizing GIF)

The OP fails at both grammar and life. That is all.

learn some grammar! XD

That depends of if 5 Million at retail alone is considered "Bad" in this day and age. (With Potential to do a lot more) I mean you asking this is like you asking how bad is New Super Mario Bros. U doing?? Considering the total system sells and what is considered hits at retail this day and age.. the answer is it's doing pretty darn good as will Super Mario 3D World.

Nintendo Wii by generations...

1. Wii

2. Wii U

3. Wii O U

Predictions made by gamers concerning the current Nintendo line up of games.

Pikmen 3= Little Bump to nothing. (Got Little Bump)

Wind Waker HD= Won't sell anything (The explosion happened here and at one time 4 Wii U games was in the Amazon top 100)

Super Mario 3D World= Won't help at all looks cheap. (Currently the most sought after Wii U game and continuing the Wii U increase.)