By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So how many PS2 owners bought Wii?

I did. I was waiting for one of the 3 console to put out a game that would interest me, and the Wii came out with it first.

Video Game Papercrafts

The only reason Sakurai allowed Snake is because he was already a clone

Wii Friend Code: 2854 9908 3926 2816

Around the Network

#2 here...

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

#2. I owned a PS2 and Gamecube last generation, but the PS2 got about 80% of my play time. I also own a Wii; I would like to get one of the other consoles, when the prices come down further.

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

#2. I first owned a PS2, but when I saw Sunshine, I decided that I had to have a Gamecube. I bought one about 4 months after the PS2; they have both gotten about the same play time.

Numbah wan.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Around the Network

Number 2

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

2) had a ps2 and a gamecube...have a wii now

i had psx before n64 and ps2 before gamecube, but now have a wii with ZERO plans to buy a ps3/360 no matter the price because the controllers are obsolete...i won't be buying a console without motion/ir controls ever again imo

(in fact, i sold a 20gb ps3 for $300 last spring)

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

1 or 2. I didn't own a PS2 but played it a helluvalot.
Own a GC an a Wii.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her