By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Best Anime of ALL TIME!

Thanks, I might check it out. I was hoping it's more like Fullmetal Alchemist than DragonBall, but I guess it will be okay. I mean, I watch The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya when I'm bored. lol

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

Being an ardent anime buff. I honestly have too many to choose from. Anime is less a genre and more a method of presentation. That said rather then do the soul searching required. I will five very wonderful animes that should be on the list for consideration. Mind you these aren't necessarily my favorites, but it would be a shame if they were forgotten, because they were a couple years old or did not air on Adult Swim. Thus never having gotten the kind of exposure.

Gantz 5
Ninja Scroll Movie 4
Fruits Basket 3
Please Teacher 2
Record of Lodos Wars 1

Almost a tragedy that these aren't on the list already. Whoever is next copy paste them in with your alterations.

as with mr. of wale, i hope for a evangelion victory. no berserk love as of yet.... or i guess more surprising, no 'my neighbor totoro.'

Onegai Teacher 5
FLCL 4
Elfen Lied 3
Onegai Twins 2
Dragon Ball 1

tastyshovelware said:
as with mr. of wale, i hope for a evangelion victory. no berserk love as of yet.... or i guess more surprising, no 'my neighbor totoro.'

well, only Ghibli's movie on that list right now is "Princess Mononoke" and "Grave of the Flyflires". so i'm not surprised.

in fact, I'm more shocked that Ghost in a shell isn't on it. 

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

^or ninja scroll

edit: i stand corrected, the ninja scroll vote by dodece has yet to be added to the main list.

@kingofwale

I thought long and hard of putting Ghost in the Shell in either the two movies or the series. However I think its a safe assumption with the series being on Adult Swim it will eventually be added anyway.

That said I also gave long consideration to adding Beautiful Dreamer 2, but honestly I doubt most posters have even seen it. Even though it was one of the genres break out titles in North America along with Akira.

Basically this thread will have all of a three year memory, and your not likely to see many series or movies released before that time. Only Ninja Scroll stands a real decent chance. Since the animation for the film still stands out as being exceedingly brilliant even today. Not to mention the enemy designs for that series are still breath taking which might mean much more to hardcore gamers. Finally it dominates the top of many a fans list. So perhaps being reminded of it they might throw a point its way.

I always advise people that are into anime to do the right thing and get a mail subscription to the likes of Blockbuster or Netflix. You can get a near limitless supply of anime, and at the very least some of the proceeds go back to the creators. When you support the creative process with money. You support the budgets that go into such creations. Hollywood can't make large summer blockbusters if you don't go to the theater. Animation studios need the money too even if its just a few cents.

One Piece 5
Pokemon 4
Sakura card captors 3
Naruto 2
Shaman King 1

Bonus:
Yu yu hakusho
Inuyasha
Digimon(1, 2)
Corrector Yui
Dragon Ball
Beyblade
Medabots

I grew up in Asia, so the list is quite different.

1. Mobile Suit Gundam (TV series)

2. Ranma 1/2 (TV series and Movies)

3. Dr. Slump (TV series)

4. My Neighbor Totoro (Movie)

5. Doraemon (TV series and Movies)

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

kingofwale said:
tastyshovelware said:

well, only Ghibli's movie on that list right now is "Princess Mononoke" and "Grave of the Flyflires". so i'm not surprised.

in fact, I'm more shocked that Ghost in a shell isn't on it.

Ghost in a Shell is too mixed up. The movie anyway. They try and combine two different things from the Manga at least and it just doesn't ranslate in my mind.

The TV series version is surprisingly well done. One of my favorites that I probably should of added. There the story makes sense... if you pay attention. Unlike most anime where you can ignore most of it or half watch it and still get the whole story. If you zone out of some dialogue in ghost in the shell... the plot is completely lost to you.

It gets bonus points for not being sexist.  Which is a hard thing to pull off even now a days in animation in general.