By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Explains Why PS4 is More Fun than Xbox One

-CraZed- said:
WiiBox3 said:
-CraZed- said:
Wright said:

petroleo said:

but for MS and his monopolistic ways

How could they did "monopolistic" things since you had alternatives if you didn't want the Xbox One? I'm sorry, this does not compute. If you didn't like it, don't rant about it. Go buy something else.

I think he means anti-consumer...

"anti-consumer" is also an incorrect way to describe it. "anti-consumer" is trying to prevent people from buying things at all. MS as well as every other company in the world that sells stuff is pro-consumer. They want you to buy their stuff and a lot of it.

What you are looking to say is they are against used game resale. Or more acurrately against easy resale of used games, since they were going to have ways for you to sell your used game, it just wasn't going to be as easy as current used game resale.

TL DR Microsoft is anything but "anti-consumer". They want you to buy lots of their Sh*t, which is pro-consumer.

The term anti-consumer is also used to describe the practice of limiting consumer choice and options. The original MS policies for the XB1 were most certainly meant to limit consumer choice and control over the products they consumed (games in this case) and protect profit margins for the developers etc. and take away the ability for CONSUMERS to resell their purchased games. MS was looking to limit consumer activity which is indeed 'anti-consumer.'

Luckily they have since changed their stance and good for them and good for consumers. But 'anti-consumer' is very apt for the past Xb1 policies.

It may have limited the way that consumers could resell their purchased games, but did not completely remove it.

I think this had more to do with the XBO allways online initiative, which would make it so any retail game you bought would always be available to you through their servers and you would only need to use the disk once. The problem that created is if someone wanted to resell their retail disk MS would have to have a way to deactivate that game from your account, which would require the system to check to make sure that once someone else installed the game using your disk to another XBO they could make your installed copy not work. This would require the once every 24 hour check on the machine, and maybe a company such as Gamestop or Amazon that could reactivate the disk on thier computers for someone else to use.

But I could be very wrong.

Around the Network
WiiBox3 said:
-CraZed- said:
WiiBox3 said:
-CraZed- said:
Wright said:

petroleo said:

but for MS and his monopolistic ways

How could they did "monopolistic" things since you had alternatives if you didn't want the Xbox One? I'm sorry, this does not compute. If you didn't like it, don't rant about it. Go buy something else.

I think he means anti-consumer...

"anti-consumer" is also an incorrect way to describe it. "anti-consumer" is trying to prevent people from buying things at all. MS as well as every other company in the world that sells stuff is pro-consumer. They want you to buy their stuff and a lot of it.

What you are looking to say is they are against used game resale. Or more acurrately against easy resale of used games, since they were going to have ways for you to sell your used game, it just wasn't going to be as easy as current used game resale.

TL DR Microsoft is anything but "anti-consumer". They want you to buy lots of their Sh*t, which is pro-consumer.

The term anti-consumer is also used to describe the practice of limiting consumer choice and options. The original MS policies for the XB1 were most certainly meant to limit consumer choice and control over the products they consumed (games in this case) and protect profit margins for the developers etc. and take away the ability for CONSUMERS to resell their purchased games. MS was looking to limit consumer activity which is indeed 'anti-consumer.'

Luckily they have since changed their stance and good for them and good for consumers. But 'anti-consumer' is very apt for the past Xb1 policies.

It may have limited the way that consumers could resell their purchased games, but did not completely remove it.

I think this had more to do with the XBO allways online initiative, which would make it so any retail game you bought would always be available to you through their servers and you would only need to use the disk once. The problem that created is if someone wanted to resell their retail disk MS would have to have a way to deactivate that game from your account, which would require the system to check to make sure that once someone else installed the game using your disk to another XBO they could make your installed copy not work. This would require the once every 24 hour check on the machine, and maybe a company such as Gamestop or Amazon that could reactivate the disk on thier computers for someone else to use.

But I could be very wrong.

I think you have it pretty right to me.

We are months removed from this fiasco and still people think M$ was taking something away from them.  The policy changed the format for how it was done, it did not take it away.  Most people could neve quite understand it, so they cancelled/180'd the idea.  The always online made everyone think it was DRM, which in some ways it is.  But no big deal if you paid for the game either through digital or physical disc.  By the end of this generation, it will be hard to even find disc copies of most titles.  And even then, they will have a level of DRM to them.  Both Sony and M$ have slearly said that they won't require it, but all publishers will decide that themselves.

Chrizum said:
DucksUnlimited said:
Chrizum said:
DucksUnlimited said:
Seece said:
Surely that's subjective? I mean even if he's narrowing it down to how the system works, MS have a better track record for OS software than Sony ...

"Surely that's subjective?"

*follows with subjective statement

Oh come on you're not seriously suggesting Sony has an equal or better track record than Microsoft? What kind of OS does your PC run, CellOS?

I don't think you know what subjective means.

Right... In a strict sense, sure, the word "better" is always subjective. But unless you can come up with some decent arguments, it's obvious to any sane person that Microsoft has a superior track record concerning operating systems. I mean come on. What has Sony done in this field that can even remotely compare to Windows? Even Sony would admit Microsoft has the advantage here.

I agree completely that Microsoft is better with OS's. Doesn't make it any less subjective or his post any less hilariously ironic.

DucksUnlimited said:
Chrizum said:
DucksUnlimited said:
Chrizum said:
DucksUnlimited said:
Seece said:
Surely that's subjective? I mean even if he's narrowing it down to how the system works, MS have a better track record for OS software than Sony ...

Oh come on you're not seriously suggesting Sony has an equal or better track record than Microsoft? What kind of OS does your PC run, CellOS?

Right... In a strict sense, sure, the word "better" is always subjective. But unless you can come up with some decent arguments, it's obvious to any sane person that Microsoft has a superior track record concerning operating systems. I mean come on. What has Sony done in this field that can even remotely compare to Windows? Even Sony would admit Microsoft has the advantage here.

I agree completely that Microsoft is better with OS's. Doesn't make it any less subjective or his post any less hilariously ironic.

My point is that it's not a matter of opinion. Microsoft is known for their OS's. Sony is not. You're overstating the irony is what I'm saying. Oh well. It's a silly argument to begin with.

Chrizum said:
DucksUnlimited said:
Chrizum said:
DucksUnlimited said:
Chrizum said:
DucksUnlimited said:
Seece said:

My point is that it's not a matter of opinion. Microsoft is known for their OS's. Sony is not. You're overstating the irony is what I'm saying. Oh well. It's a silly argument to begin with.

Not a matter of opinion? Sorry, but yes it is. Being popular opinion doesn't make it fact. Apparently you're still struggling with this concept. Don't worry though, you're certainly not the first person I've seen on this site having that issue.

If one, brief, tongue-in-cheek post is overstating, your judgment on the matter is kind of fucked up.

Around the Network

Can someone tell me what is the difference between PS3 and the Ps4, without mention hardware specs? (just mention confirmed features ))

DucksUnlimited said:
Chrizum said:
DucksUnlimited said:
Chrizum said:
DucksUnlimited said:
Chrizum said:
DucksUnlimited said:
Seece said:

Not a matter of opinion? Sorry, but yes it is. Being popular opinion doesn't make it fact. Apparently you're still struggling with this concept. Don't worry though, you're certainly not the first person I've seen on this site having that issue.

If one, brief, tongue-in-cheek post is overstating, your judgment on the matter is kind of fucked up.

I won't be wasting my time on you after this post, but I can only chuckle at the notion of a 20 year old kid with probably less than half my education, on a gaming forum no less, saying I'm struggling with a concept as simple as subjectivity. I think I made myself clear. You're looking for things that aren't there. I can only assume as to why. Tongue in cheek? Perhaps, although it's not being conveyed very well.

Chrizum said:
DucksUnlimited said:
Chrizum said:
DucksUnlimited said:
Chrizum said:
DucksUnlimited said:
Chrizum said:
DucksUnlimited said:
Seece said:

I won't be wasting my time on you after this post, but I can only chuckle at the notion of a 20 year old kid with probably less than half my education, on a gaming forum no less, saying I'm struggling with a concept as simple as subjectivity. I think I made myself clear. You're looking for things that aren't there. I can only assume as to why. Tongue in cheek? Perhaps, although it's not being conveyed very well.

You directly stated that it was not a matter of opinion, which contradicts the idea of subjectivity by definition. Age or education is a red herring, nice try though. You got it wrong and that's fine. Not a big deal. You don't need to cover up such a little misunderstanding by trying to point out what you see as my shortcomings. If you're as educated as you make yourself out to be, that kind of behavior is beneath you.

I'm not looking for anything. My first post was poking fun that you clearly took seriously. These things are easy to misconstrue over text so it's really a non-issue that entirely too much time has been spent on.

DucksUnlimited said:
Chrizum said:
DucksUnlimited said:
Chrizum said:
DucksUnlimited said:
Chrizum said:
DucksUnlimited said:
Chrizum said:
DucksUnlimited said:
Seece said:

These things are easy to misconstrue over text so it's really a non-issue that entirely too much time has been spent on.

Agreed.