By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 'Forced Camera Anti-Consumer' Says Sony

Tagged games:

Seece said:
phinch1 said:
Seece said:
No it isn't ferel, if MS actually ate the cost I would say it was pro consumer, as it stands it isn't anything, it's just part of what the Xbox One is about.

I hate camera perhiperals with console gaming, a camera is not going to make my expirience with gta5 any better or call of duty,i bought a ps3 with no camera, the 360 with no kinect im buying a ps4 with no camera why should i pay abouit £80 more for xbox one with a camera.....i don't want the dam thing nor pay for it

and if your saying MS actually ate the cost and are taking a loss on it, id like to know what im paying extra for.........cause im not seing it

I'm not saying they are, I said IF they ate the coast it'd essentially be free so pro consumer. As it stands it is what it is.

it is what it is indeed, forced upson consumers, great for some who want to buy it and a nightmare for those who dont

Around the Network

Exactly.  Sony is doing well with PS4 as is but to throw anti-consumer when they started the whole forcing bluray is pure hypocracy and those who don't understand that is just blind Sony fans.  I myself don't see adding bluray as anti-consumer but neither do I see kinect integration as such.  However if Sony calls Kinect integration anti-consumer then that's calling the kettle black.

wick said:
You obviously don't get it.

Here is my honest and basic way of looking at it.

399+300=699

399+300-200=499

But as you said the kinect 200 dollars discount is not worth it for you wich is an attitude of = let the casuals pay more for what they want and let us have the better deal.

Well sir i consider myself softcore and the kinect discount is a big part of me buying an xbox one so im like =Let the core people get the worst deal while we softcore casual get the better.

I i respect and understand that you have different entertainment needs than me you will undoubtedly be better off with a Ps4 and or PC.

Cheers no disrespect entended.

JazzB1987 said:
PSvita forced memory cards = pro consumer then?

just as much as microsofts exclusive HDD for the 360

PeterSilenced said:
wick said:
PeterSilenced said:
It would be anti consumer in the case of sony since that camera is well lets say outdated and the ps4 interface wasnt built around it.
The kinect 2 however screams potential and it only adds value.

That's opinion not fact.

I have no interest in Kinect, hence why I didn't buy the first one for my 360.

How does forcing me to pay for it add value for me?

MS is taking the cost seperatly you would have to spend what 300 dollars just for kinect how does that add value to me the consumer who actually wants kinect? Its a choice and no one is forcing you to buy an xbox one

exactly , but if you want a xbone for certain games that arent camera related, like COD or gta, they are saying you have top pay extra and HAVE our camera or get a ps4, i know which id rather

Around the Network

I don't mind the Kinect though I'd prefer a SKUless Xbox One.

superryo said:

Exactly.  Sony is doing well with PS4 as is but to throw anti-consumer when they started the whole forcing bluray is pure hypocracy and those who don't understand that is just blind Sony fans.  I myself don't see adding bluray as anti-consumer but neither do I see kinect integration as such.  However if Sony calls Kinect integration anti-consumer then that's calling the kettle black.

Don't know if you should be calling others blind when you don't actually read the OP.  "Anti-Consumer" was never thrown around.

phinch1 said:
PeterSilenced said:
wick said:
PeterSilenced said:
It would be anti consumer in the case of sony since that camera is well lets say outdated and the ps4 interface wasnt built around it.
The kinect 2 however screams potential and it only adds value.

That's opinion not fact.

I have no interest in Kinect, hence why I didn't buy the first one for my 360.

How does forcing me to pay for it add value for me?

MS is taking the cost seperatly you would have to spend what 300 dollars just for kinect how does that add value to me the consumer who actually wants kinect? Its a choice and no one is forcing you to buy an xbox one

exactly , but if you want a xbone for certain games that arent camera related, like COD or gta, they are saying you have top pay extra and HAVE our camera or get a ps4, i know which id rather

Games that arent camera related can very easily or more easily be camera related improving various aspects of them that is if the camera is included in every box .

Frankly its a promise a bet for the consumer but if it goes right devs will see value (especially indies) and unique titles will start appearing,titles that would had never existed with just the decision of not having the camera in every box so in the end gamers win core gamers at that.

thismeintiel said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Max King of the Wild said:
Seriously, you guys arguing about blueray is like if someone said, "ps4/360 dont need 4gb of RAM because the Wii U shows you can only use 1gb." Its a natural progression and ram and disc drives are a required component unlike kinect. It really is that easy

From what we currently know, yes Kinect is not a required component for gaming on the XBO. Just like we know now that the Blu-Ray drive was not a required component on the PS3 (because a DVD drive would have worked just fine).

Lol, with that logic, we should have just stuck with CD players for all consoles and VHSs for movies.  Games kept getting bigger with each gen.  Sony knew this, as well as the fact that there hadn't really been an advancement in the way we watch movies (including the quality in which we watch them), for nearly 10 years.  This was just the natural progression in which we store games and movies.  It was evident it was needed, even in the 7th gen, as several games on the 360 came in 2 or more DVDs.  It is also better that Blu-ray released last gen, as the advances in the tech, as well as the price reduction that comes from those advances, will be applied to the PS4 and One.

Kinect, on the other hand, seems more like a remnant of a motion control fad from last gen.  One that slowly died as the gen began to die.  This is evident in the fact that Sony and Nintendo are no longer focusing on motion gaming as a big factor to gaming, only incorporating it in small doses.  Heck, even MS hasn't really demonstrated a use for the new Kinect that a normal web cam/mic couldn't achieve with decent SW, especially the voice commands.  They don't even have a launch game, other than 2-3 rehashes from last gen, that pushes the Kinect to the forefront.  Even Ryse, one of their big exclusives, went from a Kinect game to a controller game.

Logic???

No one has stated that the Bluray wan't the next step in evolution of the disc drive systems.  All that has been stated is that it wasn't needed last gen for a GAME system.  No need to bring up movies, as that is not a GAME system requirement.  The whole point that people knock on the Kinect being added into the XB1 is that it is not a requirement, it is an additional thing that is not needed for a GAME system.

PeterSilenced said:

Games that arent camera related can very easily or more easily be camera related improving various aspects of them that is if the camera is included in every box .

Frankly its a promise a bet for the consumer but if it goes right devs will see value (especially indies) and unique titles will start appearing,titles that would had never existed with just the decision of not having the camera in every box so in the end gamers win core gamers at that.

Eh I don't subscribe to that train of thought anymore. Every big multiplat game still has the PS4 and Wii U to consider so Kinect features will always be non integral to gameplay, even with it being included. Also it will be pretty easy for devs to port Kinect features like voice commands and head tracking to the PS4 versions, even though the PS4 camera isn't included.

Look at motion control in the DS4. That was forced on every system, yet hardly any games use it. Kinect v1 wasn't forced on every system, yet that received tons of support and most big titles had "better with kinect" features.

I think it really just depends on the quality of the peripheral. A great one doesn't need to be packed in to get great support. A bad one will get bad support regardless of being forced or not.