By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Nintendo Direct incoming! Oct. 1, at 7 a.m. PT/10 a.m. ET

What are you hope for?

New games 80 25.97%

More info on known games 52 16.88%

WiiU update 53 17.21%

IWATA DROP THE BOMB 121 39.29%

Total:306
RolStoppable said:
green_sky said:
I won't mind if they delay DK all that much. Also i hope they don't release MK8 until it is fully finished and tested. No DLC patching of tracks later on as some were suggesting please and if they wanted that they should have made their base model storage more than original xbox.

Looking forward to the direct. Love these mini E3's.

Curl you'll be fine dude. More time for Mario and Party U for you.

I won't mind if DK is delayed to February either. Something has to fill that window or 2014 kicks off with another software drought. For the same reason MK8 shouldn't be moved to 2013, even if it was completely finished.

Whatever happened to that Yarn Yoshi game? They should have filled the slot with that.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Cheebee said:
I hope Iwata confirms the rumoured DKCTF delay in favour of a MK8 release this holiday.

Hopefully this. I just hope they don't just delay DKCTF without any other game taking its place.

This is what I'm afraid of. Nintendo seems intent on screwing over Wii U owners at every turn. Leaving them with just 3D World this holiday would be a slap in the face.

what the heck are you talking about? i need money for at least 6 games from today to the end year. I preffer lettin  MK8 fight its own battle in spring when no major game is comming out and to keep momentum. To many heavy hitters this to december, it is just that maybe not all are for you (Wii Fit U, Sports Club, Party U, on top of that 3D WORLD, SLost World, Zelda WW, DKCTF, TW101 (if haven't bought yet), PIKMIN3, Lego CITY,, etc

cbarroso09 said:
curl-6 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Cheebee said:
I hope Iwata confirms the rumoured DKCTF delay in favour of a MK8 release this holiday.

Hopefully this. I just hope they don't just delay DKCTF without any other game taking its place.

This is what I'm afraid of. Nintendo seems intent on screwing over Wii U owners at every turn. Leaving them with just 3D World this holiday would be a slap in the face.

what the heck are you talking about? i need money for at least 6 games from today to the end year. I preffer lettin  MK8 fight its own battle in spring when no major game is comming out and to keep momentum. To many heavy hitters this to december, it is just that maybe not all are for you (Wii Fit U, Sports Club, Party U, on top of that 3D WORLD, SLost World, Zelda WW, DKCTF, TW101 (if haven't bought yet), PIKMIN3, Lego CITY,, etc

Without DKC though, December would be lacking a big "core" game.

Aside from new WiiU games, which obviously I want to see but doubt will happen, I hope they show us the 3 XY's starter final evolutions.

Also with Lost World coming out soon, would'nt be surprised they showed some of it and take the occasion to talk about the 3rd Sonic exclusif game.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

A release date for X? My most eagerly anticipated Wii-U game...

Unless they announce a 2D Metroid (I don't care if it's a remake of Metroid 3)... That'd be a dream come true.

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
Cheebee said:

Hence 'in favour of a MK8 release this holiday'. As in, Mario Kart 8 instead of DKCTF.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Metrium said:
Aside from new WiiU games, which obviously I want to see but doubt will happen, I hope they show us the 3 XY's starter final evolutions.

Also with Lost World coming out soon, would'nt be surprised they showed some of it and take the occasion to talk about the 3rd Sonic exclusif game.

They already confirmed that this direct will be about already announced games.

(not directed at you)...but people have to blame themself if they set their expectations too high and expect every single minor direct to be like the January Direct that gave us X, Yarn Yoshi, SMT X FE etc.

RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

Whatever happened to that Yarn Yoshi game? They should have filled the slot with that.

I am wondering about that too. It seems like too many Nintendo studios take too much time for their games nowadays (Kirby's Epic Yarn was released in late 2010). Although it's not like there isn't a slot to fill after MK8, so we might see that game in June.

They worked on 3 smaller scale things since then:

Mini Games for Wii Play Motion

Mii Force (or whatever it is called)

and assisted with Mario and Luigi 4

...but your observation is right !

orniletter said:
Metrium said:

They already confirmed that this direct will be about already announced games.

(not directed at you)...but people have to blame themself if they set their expectations too high and expect every single minor direct to be like the January Direct that gave us X, Yarn Yoshi, SMT X FE etc.

A direct can be about something but end with a surprise. They can talk for 25min about already announced games and to finish with a new game announcement. But I'm with you, I don't have my hopes up and I don't expect anything new. The only ''new'' games I think might be showen are Sonic's third exclusif games (and some can argue it has already somewhat been announced) and 3DS games we already know about but will now officialy be released in america. But if none of this happen, I won't be surprised at all.

I also hope for them to finally convince me that 3DWorld is worth buying... And the Retro doing DK still has a bitter-sweet taste in my mouth, hopefully some new info could also help me digest the existence of this game a little better.

But what I have my hopes up tho and I know I'm setting myself for disapointment is the WiiU update. After all this time it better be a good one. I'm not expecting shared accounts, I think their is barely 1% chance it will happen but I can't help but hope for it. I also would'nt be surprised if they either say it's coming somewhere in November, or worst they don't talk about it, which would make me extremely disapointed. I also hope this update come with more virtual console games ported over to WiiU, seriously this is being to slow. Still no N64 games and I want my Pokémon Snap and Mario Party2 on WiiU lol.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

curl-6 said:
cbarroso09 said:
curl-6 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Cheebee said:

Without DKC though, December would be lacking a big "core" game.

Excuse me sir, what about Watch Dogs, Assassins Creed 4, Call oof Duty (i don't like that franchises but it counts for some), Batman Origins, Deus ex (NIntenda fans hasnt played it yet), some other random Lego games,  for at least this december there are some third party games. Though i am worry about next year and on now that Ubisoft seems to be pulling out the support.