By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do you think the Vita TV can save the PS Vita?

PlayMatt said:

It's still a Video-Game, it doesn't matter if you can play it at your home, hotel or bus.

Using YOUR own words:

Yes, it's still a PS VITA, because the hardware has not been altered.

The hardware has been altered though.

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:
curl-6 said:

But the Vita is a handheld. Turning it into a microconsole changes the very concept of what it is, hence it's no longer the same device.

A bird who has its wings clipped is still a bird.

The Vita TV may not be portable, but it still plays PS Vita games.  On the inside it is still the same device, even if the outside has changed.  The DSi, even though it no longer has the GBA port, which means it can't play Guitar Hero(?), is still a DS console.

DSi also had its own games that could not be played on the original DS, but still it was included.  

But if a dinosaur evolves into a bird, it is no longer a dinosaur.

the-pi-guy said:
curl-6 said:
the-pi-guy said:
curl-6 said:

But the Vita is a handheld. Turning it into a microconsole changes the very concept of what it is, hence it's no longer the same device.

The Vita TV may not be portable, but it still plays PS Vita games.  On the inside it is still the same device, even if the outside has changed.  The DSi, even though it no longer has the GBA port, which means it can't play Guitar Hero(?), is still a DS console.

DSi also had its own games that could not be played on the original DS, but still it was included.  

It's not an evolution, it's just getting its wings clipped.  

What was said before was that it lost its controls and it lost it's portability.  Losing portability is getting its wings clipped.  Controls- I don't really think change much, because: just because the controls change doesn't mean it's a different system, or else is changing from a Wii U gamepad to the Wii remote meaning it becomes a different system?

If you made a completely portable Wii U, like the Gamepad with no console, then it would no longer be a Wii U and shouldn't count towards Wii U sales.

the-pi-guy said:

curl-6 said:

If you made a completely portable Wii U, like the Gamepad with no console, then it would no longer be a Wii U and shouldn't count towards Wii U sales.

So what is your reasoning for the separation?  What exactly is the point for keeping track of console sales in your opinion?

I would include it with Wii U sales if it was being marketed as such: a portable WiiU.  But that's me I guess.  

For me, by changing the hardware in such a way, portable to micro-console, it changes the core product.

Nothing can save the Vita now. :( (hope im wrong)

Around the Network
think-man said:

I feel kinda bad lol. We both thought Killzone would push lots of hardware. I did, with COD sales and how terrible it was and killzone being the better shooter i thought it be much bigger. PSV TV will help a hella lot imo. The new model will give a boost but it'll go back to regular weekly sales after holiday (15k-20k) japan

think-man said:

And why do you say that? :'(

3DS Friend Code: 0533 - 6146 - 0418
PSN ID: atylerman5

This will give the vita a longer lifespan but it won't save it.

curl-6 said:
PlayMatt said:

It's still a Video-Game, it doesn't matter if you can play it at your home, hotel or bus.

Using YOUR own words:

Yes, it's still a PS VITA, because the hardware has not been altered.

The hardware has been altered though.

Just like 3DS -> 3DS XL -> 2DS

The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!

curl-6 said:
the-pi-guy said:
curl-6 said:
the-pi-guy said:
curl-6 said:

It's not an evolution, it's just getting its wings clipped.  

What was said before was that it lost its controls and it lost it's portability.  Losing portability is getting its wings clipped.  Controls- I don't really think change much, because: just because the controls change doesn't mean it's a different system, or else is changing from a Wii U gamepad to the Wii remote meaning it becomes a different system?

It would be a REALLY HUGE portable to fit the Wii U game discs and the Hardware thought... But I think if it could RUN THE SAME SOFTWARE it's in the same line, gen and should be counted together...

The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!