By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do you think the Vita TV can save the PS Vita?

PlayMatt said:
curl-6 said:
No, because Vita TV isn't the Vita. It's not a handheld and should not count as Vita sales.

It IS a PS Vita! Without the screen and the controller buttons. It's a portable console you can take in the palm of your hands to play in a TV anywhere... Great to take with you when going to a hotel, beach, friend's home, grandparent's house, crack house, ...

lol, sorry that was funny! PS3/X360/WiiU/PS4/X1 i guess are all portable without it being small. WiiU technically doesn't need a tv but just an outlet!

Around the Network
PlayMatt said:
curl-6 said:
No, because Vita TV isn't the Vita. It's not a handheld and should not count as Vita sales.

It IS a PS Vita! Without the screen and the controller buttons. It's a portable console you can take in the palm of your hands to play in a TV anywhere... Great to take with you when going to a hotel, beach, friend's home, grandparent's house, crack house, ...

It runs Vita games, uses Vita OS and is compatible at binary level with the same software. The hardware is the same too. And in that I agree with you, it should, and will, count as Vita sales. It's just a new form factor. It would be the same that arguing that notebooks aren't PCs because of the different form factor.

I own a Vita. I love my Vita.

The sad fact is that it is struggling to generate sales and I very much doubt if the Vita TV will significantly improve its chances of survival. Perhaps it will be given a small boost. Perhaps, too, the PS4 will give it another small boost.

I very much fear that it is on life support at the moment and any short term boosts achieved will dissipate quickly resulting in life support being shut down. A real pity.

tbone51 said:
PlayMatt said:
curl-6 said:

lol, sorry that was funny! PS3/X360/WiiU/PS4/X1 i guess are all portable without it being small. WiiU technically doesn't need a tv but just an outlet!

That's why they are not Portable, because they aren't portable size!

PS Vita TV is even more portable then your 3DS, it's size is of a cigarette pack it can fit on your pocket! So it really is portable you can take it ANYWHERE in your pocket...

And come on take a Wii U anywhere? it's one hell to put that wiimote sensor on the right place!

And again it has the EXACT SAME HARDWARE the PS Vita has, it plays the EXACT SAME GAMES...

The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!

PlayMatt said:
tbone51 said:
PlayMatt said:
curl-6 said:

PS Vita TV is even more portable then your 3DS, it's size is of a cigarette pack it can fit on your pocket! So it really is portable you can take it ANYWHERE in your pocket...

And come on take a Wii U anywhere? it's one hell to put that wiimote sensor on the right place!

And again it has the EXACT SAME HARDWARE the PS Vita has, it plays the EXACT SAME GAMES...

1. you have to carry a remote with you so it loses its portability. Yes you can carry the hardware but it doesn't do anything by itself.

2. Its not a handheld, you need a tv

Around the Network

So will the Vita TV be a new console in the VGchartz platform list along with PS4?

3DS Friend Code: 0533 - 6146 - 0418
PSN ID: atylerman5

PlayMatt said:
curl-6 said:

Exactly. It is technically a portable console whose display is the TV. It's part of the Vita family. Oh and lol at crack house.

tbone51 said:
PlayMatt said:
tbone51 said:
PlayMatt said:
curl-6 said:

1. you have to carry a remote with you so it loses its portability. Yes you can carry the hardware but it doesn't do anything by itself.

1 - The PS Vita TV + Dualshock 4 is probably the same size of any other handheld! You can put the DS on one pocket and Vita TV on another lol

2 - I never said it was a handheld, I alway said it is a PORTABLE CONSOLE

And anyway i agree with you they shouldn't count both on Handheld devices... At least it won't make sense anymore for people to keep on with the doom and comparison between Vitax3DS! They should make a new chart for Sony's Handheld/Portable Console hardwares/softwares

The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!

torok said:

My normal answer would be no. But at 100 bucks, probably yes. But they should release it on west too, specially developing countries. A lot of people don't have money for a PS3 or 360, but a console for less than half that price? Actually, a hardware almost as powerfull as a PS3 for that price is an amazing value. I would buy one myself, and I already have a Vita. Why? Because it's so cheap that it isn't even a question.

Now, what "saving" means? Probably sell more than 40-50M units lifetime. With current sales, it would reach 15M or maybe 20M with luck, so saving would be reaching the other figure.

Of course they'll release it in the west. It's a given. They even noticed the tremendous positive response, so they'll consider it for next year.

PlayMatt said:
tbone51 said:
PlayMatt said:
tbone51 said:
PlayMatt said:
curl-6 said:

1 - The PS Vita TV + Dualshock 4 is probably the same size of any other handheld! You can put the DS on one pocket and Vita TV on another lol

2 - I never said it was a handheld, I alway said it is a PORTABLE CONSOLE

And anyway i agree with you they shouldn't count both on Handheld devices... At least it won't make sense anymore for people to keep on with the doom and comparison between Vitax3DS! They should make a new chart for Sony's Handheld/Portable Console hardwares/softwares

You did say portable console, not handheld. my bad on that.

You cant fit this is your pocket! Thats crazy