By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - POLL: How much will the Wii U have sold by the end of the year?

How much will the Wii U have sold by the end of the year?

Under 5 million 65 20.50%

Over 5 million 70 22.08%

Over 6 million 59 18.61%

Over 7 million 54 17.03%

Over 8 million 27 8.52%

Over 9 million 14 4.42%

Over 10 million 13 4.10%

Over 11 million 2 0.63%

Over 12 million 1 0.32%

Over 13 million 10 3.15%

Total:315

PS3 was a cheap blue ray player^

Around the Network

With the price cut, the bundles, the ad campaign and the games...6.5mil. Though, it's not the sales at the end if this year which matter. It's the sales at the end of next year which do.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

7,964,832 units.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I don´t believe it will end this year with more than 7 million sold. Something between 5,5 - 6,5 million seems more realistic. Even because it will be the cheapest of the new consoles this holiday and will have lots of good games, so expect it to sell well but not astonishing well.

6.4 million.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

It shouldn't have a problem passing the 5 million mark.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

PDF said:

Shadow1980 said:

The PS3 averaged roughly 93k per week for the 13-week period of July-September of 2007. During the October-December quarter of that year, it averaged over 320k a week. That's an over 3.4 times increase. And let's not forget that the Wii U's sales for 2013 have been abnormally depressed due to lack of major software titles. Now, if the Wii U's sales had jumped to 34k from 21k, despite all the conditions of that week that I mentioned, it could very well hit 60k to 70k for the week ending the 28th. And remember, the only title released for the Wii U this year that one can reasonably call a "system-seller" is Pikmin 3, and even then it's only one of Nintendo's "mid-tier" series (the first two sold less than 3 million combined) so it's not a huge system seller. But we do know major software releases boost system sales (Pikmin 3 caused weekly hardware sales to triple in Japan nearly double in the U.S.).

The PS3 averaging 93k is three times what the WiiU is managing to do.  It also did it during a game drought and being priced at $599.   Using the PS3 ability to hit those averages does not mean the WiiU can do the same.

Will you rethink your predictions if we don't see a 60k-70k week for the WiiU?

Wii U has had a much worse drought than PS3 did Iin 2007. I made a tgread about it awhile back and I dont remember the exact numbers but I think it was 15 Wii U retail releases from Jan-Aug and about 45 retail releases for PS3 fron Jan-Aug of 2007.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.