By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Fitness Price Comparison

TheSting said:

Sadly yes but I've just got back in the gym. Fast Food is a motherfucker. Glad you finally agreed with me also lol. 

I disagree.

Fast food isn't the best or most nutritious food, but inherently it does not make you fat.  How many calories you over consume dictates how fat you get.

The challenge with fast food is the amount of carbs included.  From good; vegetables and fruits.  To bad; buns, breading, ketchup, mustard, pies, ice cream, cookies, and french fries.  Carbs cause a quick increase in the blood sugar, but leave you wanting later on.  The protein and fat consumed through fast food is generally better for you than are the carbs.

I've lost weight eating fast food.  Simply by consuming fewer calories.  That said, I've gained a huge amount of weight because of it too over the years.  However, at the time, I was less conscious of the number of calories I was consuming.  Pizza is the devil.  Depending on the size of the pizza, a slice can be almost 100% of the daily recommended calories.

Around the Network
Scisca said:
Adinnieken said:
binary solo said:
Adinnieken said:

And just exactly what is a gym membership? 

Access to facilities and equipment you don't own or have room for in your house. Not really the same thing as paying subs to fitness software using equipment you've already bought and have in your house.

It's more like having to pay Jane Fonda a monthly fee for using her workout videos, or Mel B if you don't know who Jane Fonda is.

I know who both are.  The fact remains both are fees for services.  There is a service included with Xbox Fitness, that is feedback and a personalized workout routine.  You don't get that with VHS tapes or DVDs.  You get a scripted workout with no feedback.

In what way is this workour routine personalised? With all due respect to the awesome products that these routines are, nothing here is personalised and since these are just gonna be the same movies you get on a DVD played with just a couple of nice gimmicks for motivation I see no justification for calling it a "personalised workout routine". The only thing could be watching your personal progress, but that doesn't turn this app into a personalised workout routine, neither does this require a monthly fee. Plus I already do that with a piece of paper :P

Possibly Hybrid Workouts.  I use to do a hybrid Workout and I know of plenty of others who do so.  Xbox Fitness could very easily make a hybrid workout for you to make all the programs useful.

Scisca said:
TheSting said:
Scisca said:
TheSting said:
binary solo said:
TheSting said:
Scisca said:
Adinnieken said:
RandomNoob said:

Fitness subscription realy?

In a gym membership you pay for the constant usage of the gym's assets. You keep using the water, electricity, air conditioning, the machines, etc. so one payment just wouldn't make sense. On the other hand you're not using their assets with this program. I see this more of a way to just drain $5-10 from people who think "oh, it's so cheap - I'm gonna try it out!" and possibly get much more from people who keep using it and don't know they can just buy the programs/actually are willing to keep paying for the little additional things that Kinect gives them. I know I'm alergic to this business model.

If it gets lazy bums up and moving iit's a good thing regardless. Agree? 

It won't get lazy bums up and moving. Agree?

You have no idea. Agree? 

P90X and Insanity won't get a single lazy bum up and moving, cause they aren't for lazy bums. Agree?

There is no single way for you to begin to prove that. Agree? 

You started this BS by writing a post that had nothing to do with mine. Agree?

You were talking about people getting "drained" out of there money(as if most people don't waste money on silly things anyway) I said regardless of that if it gets them up and moving it's a good thing. How isn't that related to your post. 

The agree thing was a joke. Hell I thought you were playing it up also Mr. Serious. I actually couldn't believe you disagreed that this may work for some people. 

Adinnieken said:
TheSting said:

Sadly yes but I've just got back in the gym. Fast Food is a motherfucker. Glad you finally agreed with me also lol. 

I disagree.

Fast food isn't the best or most nutritious food, but inherently it does not make you fat.  How many calories you over consume dictates how fat you get.

The challenge with fast food is the amount of carbs included.  From good; vegetables and fruits.  To bad; buns, breading, ketchup, mustard, pies, ice cream, cookies, and french fries.  Carbs cause a quick increase in the blood sugar, but leave you wanting later on.  The protein and fat consumed through fast food is generally better for you than are the carbs.

I've lost weight eating fast food.  Simply by consuming fewer calories.  That said, I've gained a huge amount of weight because of it too over the years.  However, at the time, I was less conscious of the number of calories I was consuming.  Pizza is the devil.  Depending on the size of the pizza, a slice can be almost 100% of the daily recommended calories.

I wwouldn't even recommend fast food in moderation. Greasy shit clogs arteries. There is unknown meat that ppl continue to eat. You can also drink calories. Have you also noticed you can't get through a 30m show without at least 4 fast food ads? It's gotten out of hand. Fast Food is addictive. People are hooked. Then get their kids hooked. It's mostly all bad. 

From the advertisement, would people think the subscription fee is due to the fact you probably will get constant updates that come with the App. It could be routines, personalize stat tracking and comparisons with millions of people. You could also get constant video update to the archive with new routines and maybe specialize work. Also the app could expand to more alternative workout videos and routine as time goes on. At this point in time, there isn't a lot of detail but it will be interesting to find out how MS pimp this app and what is included in the complete product.

Around the Network
TheSting said:

I wouldn't even recommend fast food in moderation. Greasy shit clogs arteries. There is unknown meat that ppl continue to eat. You can also drink calories. Have you also noticed you can't get through a 30m show without at least 4 fast food ads? It's gotten out of hand. Fast Food is addictive. People are hooked. Then get their kids hooked. It's mostly all bad. 

The primary reason we eat is for glucose, and the secondary reason we eat is for nutrients.

Carbs are addictive, that much has been proven.  Doesn't matter where you get those carbs from.  Carbs are the most easily converted into glucose, which is what your body uses for fuel, quickly increasing the blood sugar, which is why they become addictive.  Both protiens and fats take longer to convert into glucose.

Three chocolate chip cookies from McDonald's are just as bad as three, made from scratch, home-made chocolate cookies.  There might be a difference between the sweetener used or the oil used, but as far as what they do carb wise to the body they are the same.

TheSting said:
Scisca said:
TheSting said:
Scisca said:
TheSting said:
binary solo said:
TheSting said:
Scisca said:
Adinnieken said:
RandomNoob said:

Fitness subscription realy?

In a gym membership you pay for the constant usage of the gym's assets. You keep using the water, electricity, air conditioning, the machines, etc. so one payment just wouldn't make sense. On the other hand you're not using their assets with this program. I see this more of a way to just drain $5-10 from people who think "oh, it's so cheap - I'm gonna try it out!" and possibly get much more from people who keep using it and don't know they can just buy the programs/actually are willing to keep paying for the little additional things that Kinect gives them. I know I'm alergic to this business model.

If it gets lazy bums up and moving iit's a good thing regardless. Agree? 

It won't get lazy bums up and moving. Agree?

You have no idea. Agree? 

P90X and Insanity won't get a single lazy bum up and moving, cause they aren't for lazy bums. Agree?

There is no single way for you to begin to prove that. Agree? 

You started this BS by writing a post that had nothing to do with mine. Agree?

You were talking about people getting "drained" out of there money(as if most people don't waste money on silly things anyway) I said regardless of that if it gets them up and moving it's a good thing. How isn't that related to your post. 

The agree thing was a joke. Hell I thought you were playing it up also Mr. Serious. I actually couldn't believe you disagreed that this may work for some people. 

I was comparing this app to a gym membership and why imo a monthly fee instead of just selling it for a given price is just draining cash.

I also thought it was a joke, but recently you sounded irritated and tired of it, so it got lost on you :P

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.