By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony is "not aware" of streaming issues with GTAV PSN version

Tagged games:

Well, rockstar has said it themselves. they use all avalible methods to load data into the game.. so all digital = no blueray drive to stream data from. = slower
makes sense

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

Around the Network

More Expensive, runs worse , takes ages to download and takes up a large chunk of hard drive space and can't be traded or lent to a friend. Why buy digital again?

halil23 said:
Ahh now I can finally say Blu Ray >>>> HDD

you have to install 8gb of the blu-ray version so hdd+blu-ray > hdd

playing only from disc would be maybe even worse.

TheFallen said:
More Expensive, runs worse , takes ages to download and takes up a large chunk of hard drive space and can't be traded or lent to a friend. Why buy digital again?

Beats me! Some belive it to be the amazing future of gaming though.

I have both the digital and the disc version. My brother bought digital and shared it with me. I play the digital version because the PS3 is just a hell of alot more quiet that way. I didn't notice any streaming issues until I really really looked out for them. It's not an issue at all if you're just playing the game. Also, I have the feeling that the digital version runs just a little bit smoother. I don't have the possibilities to check the exact fps though.

You can get the digital version, no problem. Share it with a friend, will ne 35 $ for each of you. It's a good deal in my eyes.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network
Somini said:
TheFallen said:

Beats me! Some belive it to be the amazing future of gaming though.

expensive is a problem of xbox live and psn and not for digital in general (steam and other pc sites say hello). slow downloads seems to be only a ps3 problem and sony already stated that it will be much faster on ps4 (just read that today)

well, faster for those with a decent internet speed and not for someone like me.

Does Muhammad Saeed al-Sahhaf now hold a position at Sony?

So glad I decided to pass on the digital version and get the disc one. It kind of sucks, because I think my BR drive is dying in the PS3, but from what I have seen of the digital GTA V, it looks like digital is not the way to go on either console.

But to people down on DD because of something like this... isn't this going to not be an issue next gen since both consoles will have fast BR drives?