By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why do u believe PS4/One will outsell Wii U by March 31?

Zero999 said:
zorg1000 said:
WagnerPaiva said:
I think both systems will have bigger install bases than the WiiU by march, but, I could be wrong.

Why? Wii U would have to sell only about 1m over the holidays fot that to happen.

even in that case it would be impossible. by march 31, wii u sales will be higher than ps4/xone combined.

Both combined might be pushing it

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Do we know how many units Nontendo themselves is forecasting for the end of the fiscal year?

edit: should have read the thread. 9 million it seens

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

JOKA_ said:
Do we know how many units Nontendo themselves is forecasting for the end of the fiscal year?

I think 9 million

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

JOKA_ said:

9m FOR the FY I believe, which they won't hit obviously.

But if the PS4 sell 5,5 million units?

2 million from USA

2 million from Europe.

1 million from Japan.

0,5 million from another regions.

Around the Network
jeffersoncosta1985 said:
But if the PS4 sell 5,5 million units?

2 million from USA

2 million from Europe.

1 million from Japan.

0,5 million from another regions.

They are currently only forcasting 5m shipped by Mar 31.

Im guessing

Americas-2m

Europe-2m

Japan+Rest of the world-1m

Seece said:
JOKA_ said:

How many do u think they will ship this FY? Im guessing 7m putting them to 10m total.

By the way, that Sony intends to ship 5 million PS4 by the end of march means that that's their goal, they might not reach that number.

magoghm said:
By the way, that Sony intends to ship 5 million PS4 by the end of march means that that's their goal, they might not reach that number.

True and if they do reach that goal, it doubt it will have 100% sell through

zorg1000 said:
Seece said:
JOKA_ said:

How many do u think they will ship this FY? Im guessing 7m putting them to 10m total.

Well they shipped 160k last Q, this Q should be higher due to the upcoming holidays and expected bump in sales from Price cut, but July, August and the most part of September sales for WiiU have been very low, so I can't expect more than 300k (and that's pushing it).

They basically need to sell 7.5m during the holiday Quater. Which is no going to happen, my bet is they fall short by at least 3 mill.