By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why do u believe PS4/One will outsell Wii U by March 31?

zorg1000 said:
WagnerPaiva said:
I think both systems will have bigger install bases than the WiiU by march, but, I could be wrong.

Why? Wii U would have to sell only about 1m over the holidays fot that to happen.

I was thinking that both of them can sell 5 million this year and half a million a month till march, also, the PS4 will sell 1 million in february at Japan.

But, I guess I can be wrong, this is a suposition. I just don´t think Mario3d, MK8 and a Zelda remake cannot give the WiiU much more than 600k at the hollydays.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
WagnerPaiva said:
zorg1000 said:
WagnerPaiva said:
I think both systems will have bigger install bases than the WiiU by march, but, I could be wrong.

Why? Wii U would have to sell only about 1m over the holidays fot that to happen.

I was thinking that both of them can sell 5 million this year and half a million a month till march, also, the PS4 will sell 1 million in february at Japan.

But, I guess I can be wrong, this is a suposition. I just don´t think Mario3d, MK8 and a Zelda remake cannot give the WiiU much more than 600k at the hollydays.

Sony is only shipping 5m PS4 this fiscal year which ends Mar 31

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:

Then, no, they cannot outsell the WiiU, I think it is already at 4 million units. At some point, next year, sure, but, if Sony is not shipping enough, then, hell no.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

zorg1000 said:

Actually, this information make your question kinda silly, doesn´t? If you know Sony is not shipping enough to outsell, them, why do you ask?

It is like asking: "Who will make more money on tours in 2013, Cinderella or Bon jovi?"

I answer: "Cinderella, I guess..."

And then you say: "You fool, Cinderella isn´t even touring in 2013!"

And I go: "Ok..."

WagnerPaiva said:
zorg1000 said:

Actually, this information make your question kinda silly, doesn´t? If you know Sony is not shipping enough to outsell, them, why do you ask?

It is like asking: "Who will make more money on tours in 2013, Cinderella or Bon jovi?"

Im asking because ive seen multiple people say they will outsell Wii U by the end of the year

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
WagnerPaiva said:
zorg1000 said:

Im asking because ive seen multiple people say they will outsell Wii U by the end of the year

I see...

the nintndo goal is 9 mil, the sony oal is 5 mil...

i think wii U gets easily 7 mil til march 2014.

SSJGohan3972 said:
Kane1389 said:
zorg1000 said:

Im glad u brought up GC sales. From Mar-June 2003, Nintendo shipped 80k Gamecubes(1/2 of Wii U shipments in the same time frame of this year) yet they were still able to ship 3.5m over the holidays.

...with 99$ price point? Ok, so its a t gamecube levels, much better

Every next gen console that is first to hit the market is outsold by the previous gen at first. Genesis was being outsold by NES,SNES was outsellig NES

Saturn/PS1 were being outsold by SNES I believe this is wrong

DC was getttng outsold by N64/PS1, DC was a failure

PS3/360 were being outsold by PS2, Wii was outselling PS2

DS/PSng P were getting outsold by GBA fair enough, was it by 5:1 margain?

, 3DS was getting outsold by DS, Vita was getting outsold by PSP. DS was a beast, Vita is a failure

The demand for next gen is always huge, Dreamcast set records when it launched then was discontinued 18 months later. Launch sales are no indication of total success. The closest console Dreamcast can be comapred to is WiiU...

Value is completely opinion, Wii U has 8 exclusives coming in the next 3 months that are from multimillion selling franchises and is $100-200 cheaper than PS4/One, comes with a game and has free online. Many people will see that as a better value, especially Nintendo fans, casuals and parents. Nintendo fans will already buy WiiU no matter what? Casuals? That ship has abbandoned nintendo's dock a long time ago.

Many people will see PS4/One as a better value due to increased graphics, large storage, best versions of multiplats, blu ray playback. It just comes down to individual preference. I was talking about objective hardware aspects. For 100$ more, you'll get a blu ray/dvd player, much bigger storage, much more advanced hardware, all other multimedia tasks (music, photos, etc..) 

1) Not sure why you brought up the price point but Nintendo made more money during the PS2/GC era than Sony did - and selling at a $350 price point now doing the same or better than $99 price point then would mean the Wii U is actually doing better wouldn't it?

2) SNES was not the first on the market for that gen, the Genesis was and was outsold by NES for quite a while - you are moving the goal post there.

3) SNES did outsell PS1 for a while, remember the PS1 launched in 1994 while the SNES was 3-4 years old (depending on region) and in its prime. Not sure about the N64, it actually had a pretty good launch and sold fairly well compared to NES and SNES, was only on the market for like 4-5 years though and the PS1 was ripping up the charts that's why it looks unimpressive by comparisson.

4) Yes Dreamcast turned out to be a failure but was setting sales records when it launched - it can and has happened.

5) Wii was not the first on the market, 360 was and was outsold by PS2 for quite a while- again moving the goal post. 

6) I can't speak to GBA-DS/PSP sales margins at certain times, that data is quite hard to come by. I'm sure if we had it though I could find specific weeks were that happened, wouldn't change anything though. It's an example of a last-gen outselling next-gen none-the-less.

7) Comparing the Dreamcast to Wii U has a small amount of merit but mainly only because you want it to also be Nintendo's last home console. It's extremely unlikely that will happen for a number of reasons.

8) Actually I would point to the difference between DS & Wii numbers (and 3DS and Wii U numbers) to show that a large number of Nintendo fans stick to Nintendo's handhelds and not their consoles. If Nintendo could get those people back on the console side as well that represents a large number of people to tap into. And the funny thing about casuals is that they are fickle, they play what their friends play or what they discover and find fun - they may have jumped ship when the Wii lost support and they may or may not come back but its not as black and white as you make it out to be - still a large market Nintendo is trying to tap and will hopefully have some success.

9) Incorrect use of objective, you find value in those things but others may not. Myself, I buy video game systems for the games on them - extra hardware features mean very little to me. I have a PS3 but the blu ray player in it had no weight on my decision to purchase it. He addressed that some people (and even a lot of people) will see value there but that does not make it objective.

1) It made more money because of GBA and its 30m+ pokemon sales. It most certanly didnt make more money off of GameCube. And it only made more money if you only count SCE division. Sony as whole, made shit ton of more money during PS2 era.

2) What? I never had any goal post. He said last gen systems usually outsell next gen in first few years, i pointed out that isnt the case. I dont care for his cherry picking. And i doubt any last gen system was outselling next gen as badly as PS3 is destorying WiiU.

3) Source please???

4) What can happen? WiiU failing? Or setting records? I believe only records WiiU set so far was for the slowest selling nintendo console ever?

5) Again, i didnt care for any goal post or cherry picking. And again, was it by 5:1 margain?

6) So you think GBA was anywhere close to outselling PSP and DS 5 to 1?

7) No, thats now what i mean. WiiU wont be thier last console even if they lose 10 billion on it. They'll still have billions in the bank, which SEGA didnt. There are other aspect in which Dreamcast can be compared to WiiU.

8) I dont think you understood what I said. I said Nintendo fans will buy a  WiiU no matter what. The casuals wont. You'd be silly to believe all Wii and DS sales were from Nintendo fans mostly. It was from the audience which Nintendo no longer has. 

9)It doesnt matter what you see as valueable. My point was, PS4 offers a LOT more for only 100$ more, the blu ray player alone will surpass that. It brings you more bang for your buck

zorg1000 said:
WagnerPaiva said:

even in that case it would be impossible. by march 31, wii u sales will be higher than ps4/xone combined.

Zero999 said:
zorg1000 said:
WagnerPaiva said:

even in that case it would be impossible. by march 31, wii u sales will be higher than ps4/xone combined.

Possibly but unlikely, PS4 and Xbox One will do better out of the gate this holiday than WiiU and will be at 4m year end, 5m end of March, WiiU won't be at 10m come March.