By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nokia Lumia 1020 upstages the Sony Xperia Z1 at Sony’s own launch event

wick said:

Download the YouTube app?

Hahaha.. good one. M$ actually released their own YouTube app twice and twice forced to take down by Google. People who have the first version of the app are lucky, becuase they have a direct download option, which even Google's own app doesn't have.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

Needs one final comparison shot from inside the pool.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

pbroy said:

Hahaha.. good one. M$ actually released their own YouTube app twice and twice forced to take down by Google. People who have the first version of the app are lucky, becuase they have a direct download option, which even Google's own app doesn't have.

And is illegal.

Desktop: AMD Phenom X4 955, ATI Radeon 7950 :: Laptop: Intel i7-3532QM, ATI Radeon 7670m

Consoles: 3DS XL, PS Vita, Zelda 3DS, PS3 Super Slim, DSi, PSP Go, PS3 Fat, Wii, GameCube, PS2

Now Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Dark Souls, Fallout: New Vegas, The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages, Persona 4: Golden

Comparing a 40mp camera phone to 20mp? The nokia images will always have more detail.

Anyways the 1020 is an automatic no buy for most people because its a windows phone. So i doubt many people will even care to compare except for people who want the best best camera in a smartphone irrespective of any other shortcommings the phone has.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

BUT IS IT WATERPROOF???

THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT HA!

Around the Network

What is the difference between the phones? camera wise?

allblue said:
Imaginedvl said:
allblue said:

Samsung and apple laughs at Sony and Nokia. IOS and Android laughs at windows phone especially. The windows phone Eco system, developer support, community, widespread appeal aren't even in the same leage as Apple or android.

Being able to take a better picture is a very niche appeal, is easily achievable by any decent technology capable company. I'm sorry window 8 is a step backward from window 7 and windows mobile is just a knee jerk reaction to google android and IOS.

wow lol... This is another solid analysis... We need more like that :)

There is no need for a substantial analysis while the facts and numbers are out in the plain view. Windows phone brand recognition, market share, profitability in regards to its competitors are just 1 google search away.  

Does any of that actually have anything to do with how good the phone is.  Interesting how the OS you mentioned had a start that were viewed the same before those OSs gain traction.

Machiavellian said:
allblue said:
Imaginedvl said:
allblue said:

Samsung and apple laughs at Sony and Nokia. IOS and Android laughs at windows phone especially. The windows phone Eco system, developer support, community, widespread appeal aren't even in the same leage as Apple or android.

Being able to take a better picture is a very niche appeal, is easily achievable by any decent technology capable company. I'm sorry window 8 is a step backward from window 7 and windows mobile is just a knee jerk reaction to google android and IOS.

wow lol... This is another solid analysis... We need more like that :)

There is no need for a substantial analysis while the facts and numbers are out in the plain view. Windows phone brand recognition, market share, profitability in regards to its competitors are just 1 google search away.  

Does any of that actually have anything to do with how good the phone is.  Interesting how the OS you mentioned had a start that were viewed the same before those OSs gain traction.

IOS and android brought something new to the  industry during their upstart. They took off because they revolutionalized mobile phone OS integration and brought a wave of innovation. What does windows phone do that ios and android don't? What innovation has it brought to the industry on its own? 

Intel core i7 930 OC @ 4.0 ghz

XFX Double dissipation Radeon HD 7950 356 bit 3gb GDDR5 OC @ 1150 MHz core + 1575 x 4 memory

Triple channel DDR 3 12gb RAM 1600 MHz

I'd buy an Xperia Z/Z1 / HTC ONE over the Lumia 1020 at any time of the day. In fact, I'd rather pay double for one of those three if I had to choose between that and the 1020.

disolitude said:

Flash Video playback and live streaming - no problem

May I ask how you achieved that? Wouldn't mind having it on my Lumia. (Which I love by the way, you couldn't pay me to change to another phone OS!)

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--