By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - So could the X1's secret sauce be "Voxel" Cone Ray Tracing?

Gamecube said:

No, not really. When was I whining? I came in to discuss possibilties, ps4 fanboys came here because they can't stand the thought of XB1 possibly has something positive to offer. Such a shame you're that unhappy with your console.

Such a shame when you had potential to be knowledgeable but I guess ignorance is bliss for most like yourself.

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
Zappykins said:
Hynad said:

These things will never end, will they?

There is no secret sauce. There is nothing that will bring the performance of the XBO to the PS4's level. It's on the hardware level.

Seriously, why is it so important in the first place? Don't the games revealed so far look good enough already?

Why the need to have the best in everything? Why can't you settle for the franchises you're already hooked to, and be content with the fact that you'll get to play more of them on your console of choice?

Why all this insecurity and FUD?

The only insecurity is people constantly invading threads that they don't understand and trying to deny things that are way over their heads. Like somehow, the cool tech that Microsoft has been working on and refining since it started DirectX in the mid 1990's is an affront to them or their beloved future console of choice.

Learning about tech is quite fun for some of it.  Like a beautiful hobby.

No one is forcing you to come to the threads, and you might actually want to read the original post.  It's interesting, and even the PS4 may have some limited capacity too.

There's insecurity from both sides but both of them don't know about hardware and plus I'm pretty sure the OP is insecure himself.

Ture, everybody has insecurities. Not everyone is so insecure they have to come derail a thread. "Never go full retard" lol

Zappykins said:
Hynad said:

There is no secret sauce. There is nothing that will bring the performance of the XBO to the PS4's level. It's on the hardware level.

Seriously, why is it so important in the first place? Don't the games revealed so far look good enough already?

Why the need to have the best in everything? Why can't you settle for the franchises you're already hooked to, and be content with the fact that you'll get to play more of them on your console of choice?

The only insecurity is people constantly invading threads that they don't understand and trying to deny things that are way over their heads. Like somehow, the cool tech that Microsoft has been working on and refining since it started DirectX in the mid 1990's is an affront to them or their beloved future console of choice.

No one is forcing you to come to the threads, and you might actually want to read the original post.  It's interesting, and even the PS4 may have some limited capacity too.

Nope. Insecure people are those who try to come up with rumors, spins or flat out fallacies to try to make the XBO be more than it actually is. 
Maybe it's the secret sauce... Why must it have any secret sauce? People wouldn't try to find any secret sauce if the console was more powerful than the PS4.

Now, talking about tech is interesting indeed. Especially the future of real-time ray-tracing. But the OP is reaching quite a lot with his conclusions. And the insinuation that it'd be a graphical method unique to the XBO is  laughable at best.

But it's just like you to spin these things around in this fashion. As if you understood any of this tech talk to begin with. If you do, you clearly never made it obvious. What with only getting in here to call everyone out for not being positive toward the XBO... An insecure person in this case here is someone who gets defensive and feels the need to talk down to just about everyone who isn't all praise for the console... Just like you do here in this thread (among other threads, in fact.).

But sure... Happy dancing cats and all that jazz.

XD, you are so clueless its not even funny. The update applies to all GCN GPU's NOT on AMD's older architecures that include the radeon HD6000 and under. 

BTW Tahiti and Pitcairn both support DX 11.1 feature sets. 

Sorry, I could have sworn I saw a Pitcairn GPU in the HD6000 series but on another check I could find it.

Unless a GPU supports GCN 1.1 it won't fully support DirectX 11.2, specifcially Tiled Resources - Tier 2.  Tahiti and Pitcairn-based GPUs are not GCN 1.1, they're GCN 1.0.  There is only one GPU that AMD has that is fully Tier 2 compatible and that is the Bonaire GPU.

Zappykins said:
Hynad said:

There's insecurity from both sides but both of them don't know about hardware and plus I'm pretty sure the OP is insecure himself.

With all due respect you are making some rather unpleasant assumptions and diagnosis about the original poster and not being very respectful to them.  They have posted many interesting and enlightening things only to be attacked relentlessly, mostly from people that seem upset he is using big words and advanced techniques to explain things.

He has been really patient with many people.  Out of respect to him, you may want to revise and revisit some your recent post.  It's so as to not conflict with the spirit that makes this place fun.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network
Gamecube said:

No, not really. When was I whining? I came in to discuss possibilties, ps4 fanboys came here because they can't stand the thought of XB1 possibly has something positive to offer. Such a shame you're that unhappy with your console.

Such a shame when you had potential to be knowledgeable but I guess ignorance is bliss for most like yourself.

speaking of ignorance, how have you been?

Gamecube said:

Ture, everybody has insecurities. Not everyone is so insecure they have to come derail a thread. "Never go full retard" lol

Who derailed the thread? You're among the first to come here only to call out PS fans. 

Most just didn't agree with the OP...  Or is being on topic just supposed to be "Yes! You are right!" posts? No place for disagreement ever? ¬_¬

Zappykins said:

No one is forcing you to come to the threads...  It's interesting, and even the PS4 may have some limited capacity too.

It's on the front page of the site. Somebody (with _very_ limited grasp of technological terms) opens an interesting thread with "secret sauce hardware". The secret sauce always turns out to be wrong upon reading the thread opener Not wrong on the misterxmedia level (that one is unbeatable), but still plain wrong. People like me reply pointing out the error in the "secret sauce discovery". Every time the secret sauce is proven to be wtong. I think it is perfectly legal to point out errors in people's dreams and wishful thinkings. My impression is that obviously people don't like to be woken up when it comes to "secret sauce".

Then other poeple like you join the thread by not contributing anything of substance, but instead by postulating "go away". Or worse, adding stuff like "even the PS4 may have some limited capacity too." - although it was just proven to you that the PS4 has EXACTLY THE SAME feature set as the "secret sauce" on the XBox One is supposed to be..

Why do Sonyfans spend more time in the Microsoft discussion than the Sony discussion?

Gamecube said:

Unfortunately this is the normal "get out clause" statement that is used when a post is derrided... people then say - oh its crappy Sony fans. Rather than this is the fourth or fifth post which says that the Xbox has a different secret sauce - lets get some clarity and sensible posting... 

You know what it might have something we don't know about...and i am not discounting that, but you know what - if true MS are so bloody stupid that they cannot market their machine correctly (and please don't say its all because of an NDA)... Let's let everyone believe our machine is the least powerful and $100 more expensive, but just before launch we'll show them... haha fool them for pre-ordering the weaker machine in the PS4. 

But not all these things can be *right*... so it starts to get rediculous, like some people are grasping at any straw to find a reason why their machine of choice is less powerful. Just wait for the games, and enjoy the games that you want. But let's stop with the "eastenders style" cliffhanger story that something new has been uncovered which will prove the XboxOne is more powerful... just you wait crap.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!