By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - So could the X1's secret sauce be "Voxel" Cone Ray Tracing?

Zappykins said:
fatslob-:O said:
Zappykins said:
Hynad said:

These things will never end, will they?

There is no secret sauce. There is nothing that will bring the performance of the XBO to the PS4's level. It's on the hardware level.

Seriously, why is it so important in the first place? Don't the games revealed so far look good enough already?

Why the need to have the best in everything? Why can't you settle for the franchises you're already hooked to, and be content with the fact that you'll get to play more of them on your console of choice?

Why all this insecurity and FUD?

The only insecurity is people constantly invading threads that they don't understand and trying to deny things that are way over their heads. Like somehow, the cool tech that Microsoft has been working on and refining since it started DirectX in the mid 1990's is an affront to them or their beloved future console of choice.

Learning about tech is quite fun for some of it.  Like a beautiful hobby.

No one is forcing you to come to the threads, and you might actually want to read the original post.  It's interesting, and even the PS4 may have some limited capacity too.

There's insecurity from both sides but both of them don't know about hardware and plus I'm pretty sure the OP is insecure himself.

With all due respect you are making some rather unpleasant assumptions and diagnosis about the original poster and not being very respectful to them.  They have posted many interesting and enlightening things only to be attacked relentlessly, mostly from people that seem upset he is using big words and advanced techniques to explain things.

He has been really patient with many people.  Out of respect to him, you may want to revise and revisit some your recent post.  It's so as to not conflict with the spirit that makes this place fun.

So posting lies doesn't flag an insecurity ? I don't know about you but the OP sounded extremely desparate and the only ones he didn't fool were me and drkohler.

Around the Network
drkohler said:
Adinnieken said:

..some fibberish..

Seriously, you shouldn't discuss technical stuff when you have no idea of what the jargon means. Just for your information: DX11.2 is a superset of DX11.1. In other words: Everything DX11.1 does, DX11.2 cab do just as well (actually some thing can be done better). If Sony writes on its slides that the gpu is equivalent to a DX11.2 device, then it can (in principle) do what the XBox One DX11.2 device does. This is all we need to know at this stage. And no, ray tracing is not something any of the consoles is capable of doing (well, maybe 2-3 fps are possible).

Actually they are, based on Sony's presentation on the subject, it's capable of doing it at 38FPS. 

I never said in principle it can't do some of what the Xbox One's GPU can do.  I said the Xbox One's GPU can do Tier 2 Tiled Resources in hardware.  In addition, there are a couple of features in DX11.2 that are not included in AMD's implementation that the Xbox One will be able to support. 

Tier 1 support means the PS4 can do Tiled Resources, but it can't do them as efficiently as the Xbox One can. 

Hynad said:
Gamecube said:
fatslob-:O said:

There's insecurity from both sides but both of them don't know about hardware and plus I'm pretty sure the OP is insecure himself.

Ture, everybody has insecurities. Not everyone is so insecure they have to come derail a thread. "Never go full retard" lol

Who derailed the thread? You're among the first to come here only to call out PS fans. 

Most just didn't agree with the OP...  Or is being on topic just supposed to be "Yes! You are right!" posts? No place for disagreement ever? ¬_¬

The idiots who were posting, noway xb1 can match ps4 power. Nobody said it would. The OP was about a possibility a form a raytracing, I didn't argue with ppl who disageed, just ppl who came to an MS thread and started talking about ps4. You're done:) Have a nice day

Adinnieken said:
drkohler said:
Adinnieken said:

..some fibberish..

Seriously, you shouldn't discuss technical stuff when you have no idea of what the jargon means. Just for your information: DX11.2 is a superset of DX11.1. In other words: Everything DX11.1 does, DX11.2 cab do just as well (actually some thing can be done better). If Sony writes on its slides that the gpu is equivalent to a DX11.2 device, then it can (in principle) do what the XBox One DX11.2 device does. This is all we need to know at this stage. And no, ray tracing is not something any of the consoles is capable of doing (well, maybe 2-3 fps are possible).

Actually they are, based on Sony's presentation on the subject, it's capable of doing it at 38FPS. 

I never said in principle it can't do some of what the Xbox One's GPU can do.  I said the Xbox One's GPU can do Tier 2 Tiled Resources in hardware.  In addition, there are a couple of features in DX11.2 that are not included in AMD's implementation that the Xbox One will be able to support. 

Tier 1 support means the PS4 can do Tiled Resources, but it can't do them as efficiently as the Xbox One can. 

Source ?

There is no such things as tiers and why don't go back to your alma mater and learn some god damn codes.

drkohler said:
Zappykins said:

No one is forcing you to come to the threads...  It's interesting, and even the PS4 may have some limited capacity too.

It's on the front page of the site. Somebody (with _very_ limited grasp of technological terms) opens an interesting thread with "secret sauce hardware". The secret sauce always turns out to be wrong upon reading the thread opener Not wrong on the misterxmedia level (that one is unbeatable), but still plain wrong. People like me reply pointing out the error in the "secret sauce discovery". Every time the secret sauce is proven to be wtong. I think it is perfectly legal to point out errors in people's dreams and wishful thinkings. My impression is that obviously people don't like to be woken up when it comes to "secret sauce".

Then other poeple like you join the thread by not contributing anything of substance, but instead by postulating "go away". Or worse, adding stuff like "even the PS4 may have some limited capacity too." - although it was just proven to you that the PS4 has EXACTLY THE SAME feature set as the "secret sauce" on the XBox One is supposed to be..

Yea it's pretty absurd, of course the ps4 has unlimited power lol

Around the Network
Gamecube said:
allblue said:

Why do these threads about Xbox one specs keep popping up? I thought It is already powerful enough as it is and Xbox adopters are very satisfied with what it offers?

Probably because for months people ps4 supporters have been banging there drums about paper specs. Why shouldn't xbox supporters talk about potentials as well?

Yes, but once the consoles were officially announced and we had the one article from Gamescom where Sony announced the PS4 was the most powerful console, they all quieted down and started focusing on the launch and games.  On the other side, however, we've had a few Xbox fans grabbing onto ANY rumor from ANY source to try and prove the gap isn't really much of a gap.  Only to look foolish when it is disproved.  Quite sad, really.

thismeintiel said:
Gamecube said:
allblue said:

Why do these threads about Xbox one specs keep popping up? I thought It is already powerful enough as it is and Xbox adopters are very satisfied with what it offers?

Probably because for months people ps4 supporters have been banging there drums about paper specs. Why shouldn't xbox supporters talk about potentials as well?

Yes, but once the consoles were officially announced and we had the one article from Gamescom where Sony announced the PS4 was the most powerful console, they all quited down and started focusing on the launch and games.  On the other side, however, we've had a few Xbox fans grabbing onto ANY rumor from ANY source to try and prove the gap isn't really much of a gap.  Only to look foolish when it is disproved.  Quite sad, really.

Dat EDGE ATRICLE LOL. The difference in terms of pixel processing power sounded like around 100% though. Although you can't blame sony for shoving in more ROPS while having a higher bandwidth between the GPU and main memory.

Edit: Sounds like we'll be getting alot more cases just like bayonetta.

Eh, changed my mind. This thread is trash, you all should be ashamed, and i'm locking it.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.