By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is the Wii U even Powerful Enough to Handle GTA V?

Zekkyou said:
MohammadBadir said:
Zekkyou said:
The WiiU is a fair amount stronger than the current gen, but "light years ahead" is a gross exaggeration. I don't think even the PS4 and Xbone could justify that description P:

The WiiU's biggest problem (graphically) is Nintendo's lack of HD experience. First parties tend to be the primary pushers of their consoles graphics, and it's unlikely we will see Nintendo themselves pushing standards much past frame rate and resolution, which is totally fine for the kind of games they make. Just don't expect the WiiU to be jumping leaps and bounds ahead of the PS360 for a while (i'd say the next proper zelda game has a chance, but it's a while away).

The best looking game I've seen from the WiiU thus far is Monolith's X. Past resolution it doesn't look that far ahead of Final Fantasy XIII, which came out in Japan nearly 4 years ago :/

Anyway, anyone who doesn't think the WiiU could run GTA5 is naive.

X is still a year away. and seeing how far the game came in 6 months (January to E3 trailer), I'm pretty sure it'll look a lot better.

You must be seeing something i'm not, because the difference between the January and E3 trailers isn't that substantial to me :/ Anyway, games don't tend to visually improve that much from their trailers a year prior. They become more stable and maybe improved their effects and what not, but they aren't going to be re-texturing the whole game again.

really? Looks a lot better to me

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network

How critical is the harddrive to GTA 5?  If it is critical, then the Wii U could have problems.  Otherwise, I am perplexed why anyone would question anything else about it.

richardhutnik said:

How critical is the harddrive to GTA 5?  If it is critical, then the Wii U could have problems.  Otherwise, I am perplexed why anyone would question anything else about it.

I would guess that it's needed to load textures easier and such, given the low (by todays' standards) speeds of the PS3 and 360 ODD's... I doubt Wii U would need it, having a much more advanced ODD.

No. The Wii U cannot run GTA V. The Wii U is powered by a combination of rubber bands, old chewing gum, ball bearings, and a hamster running on a wheel.

JWeinCom said:
No. The Wii U cannot run GTA V. The Wii U is powered by a combination of rubber bands, old chewing gum, ball bearings, and a hamster running on a wheel.

And don't forget Nintendo's signature hardware component:

Around the Network

I doubt Wii U could even handle its title screen.

It could obviously. The RAM would help

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Smeags said:
I doubt Wii U could even handle its title screen.

yes, with good ol' duck taping, anything is possible.

cbarroso09 said:
chapset said:
''If Grand Theft Auto 5 was on Wii U then you can only expect better visuals/details, less pop ups, higher framerate that would be 60 fps most likely since Wii U is light years ahead of current generation''
Really? the few third party games that are arguably better on the wii U are barely better in few aspects and there is others games that are actually superior on the ps360 why would gta suddenly prove the wii U is light year ahead of the ps360.

5/10

you don't have a Wii U right, nor has watched 3rd party games running on it. Those games looks better on Wii U, what hurts the Wii U on the ports side in the performance. Check out how Need For Speed looks better on Wii U with better assets and everything, and performing superior to other games. 

being a tad better on some few games hardly makes it light years ahead does it?

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.