By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - TGS 2013: Deep Down Gameplay Demo @ 60fps (Updated With Awesomeness)

Tagged games:

kitler53 said:
PureDante said:
ugh, it looks so much like dark souls that I can't not want it. looks beautiful, really liking the time freeze as well. can't wait to see more.

it reminds me of dark souls but it also reminds me of monster hunter.

..i think this will do well enough in the west but there is a chance it could do really well in japan. 

I think it'll do great in the west considering how much we love dungeon crawlers lol, skyrim and diablo alike sell phenomenally, as did dark/demons souls

All of this, of course, is just my opinion.

Skyrim 100%'d. Dark Souls 100%'d. 
Dark Souls > Skyrim.
Halo 4 is the best damn FPS since Halo 3.
Proud pre-orderer of 2 PS4's and an Xbox One. 

Currently Playing: Dark Souls II, South Park
Playstation 4: MGS V GZ, Killzone: Shadow Fall, NBA 2k14.

Around the Network

I'm a bit sceptical to that they're ripping off Dark Souls. I mean I love Dark Souls, its the best thing after Elder Scrolls, but it puts me off a little to see how they stole the character design of Dark Souls and the combat.

Could become a fantastic game though.

I didn't really have much interest in this game, but right it looks like it's shaping to be yet another excellent PS exclusive. I imagine this will be the PS4's answer to Ryse, and it's a pretty damn good answer.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

If there was Single player campaign I would be excited.

Slimebeast said:
I'm a bit sceptical to that they're ripping off Dark Souls. I mean I love Dark Souls, its the best thing after Elder Scrolls, but it puts me off a little to see how they stole the character design of Dark Souls and the combat.

While the character design looks like dark souls the game seems to be very different.

Dark souls is all about learning the levels and getting better at it as you go. The world is extremely challenging initially but static, so as you get stronger and better the game gets easier.

But Deep Down, has has randomly genereted dungeons. Which makes it a fundamentally different game to dark souls. Game design wise.

I also read in a hands on preview that combat doesnt feel like dark souls...its even more slow and cautious.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network
Shinobi-san said:
Slimebeast said:

While the character design looks like dark souls the game seems to be very different.

Dark souls is all about learning the levels and getting better at it as you go. The world is extremely challenging initially but static, so as you get stronger and better the game gets easier.

But Deep Down, has has randomly genereted dungeons. Which makes it a fundamentally different game to dark souls. Game design wise.

I also read in a hands on preview that combat doesnt feel like dark souls...its even more slow and cautious.

Wow, that's great news. Both of those points are good things. I love heavy combat, and random dungeons can be very good instead of often artificial dungeons filled with conveniently hand-placed things.