By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ryse: Son of Rome has more pre-orders than Wind Waker

This is one of the saddest things I've seen in gaming.

Desktop: AMD Phenom X4 955, ATI Radeon 7950 :: Laptop: Intel i7-3532QM, ATI Radeon 7670m

Consoles: 3DS XL, PS Vita, Zelda 3DS, PS3 Super Slim, DSi, PSP Go, PS3 Fat, Wii, GameCube, PS2

Now Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Dark Souls, Fallout: New Vegas, The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages, Persona 4: Golden

Around the Network

Well one is a launch title for a much anticipated console while the other is a HD re release on a platform that isn't doing so well.

That said, Ryse isn't doing too great either.

Zekkyou said:
Well one is a launch title for a much anticipated console while the other is a HD re release on a platform that isn't doing so well.

That said, Ryse isn't doing too great either.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I'm not really suprised, but what's your source? VGC's pre-order numbers are inaccurate as fuck.

Why is this sad? What has Ryse - which looks impressive, but I don't like these kind of games - to do with Wind Waker? Pre-order numbers for Wind Waker don't matter, the fact that we'll get the HD remake is all that matters.

BTW: I think that Wind Waker HD will sell at least 1 million copies worldwide in the long run.

Around the Network

you misspelled Rise...

Preoders on Nintendo platforms are almost never as high as on Sony or Microsoft platforms, regardless of the outcome. So it isn't really surprising. Also, as already said, Ryse is one of the few launch titles for an anticipated upcoming gaming system, so it automatically has a higher exposure and thus more "pre-oder worthy" hype than an HD port for an almost year old console.

Nintendo Network ID: domflo

Add me if you like!

Ask me about 3DS Friend Code if interested. All other things are in the profile!

Keep in mind the WW HD bundle which I highly doubt VGC is tracking. Also VGC pre-order numbers suck.

Nintendo and PC gamer

KHlover said:
I'm not really suprised, but what's your source? VGC's pre-order numbers are inaccurate as fuck.

^^^^^^^^this

I'm sure Windwaker will sell at least double what Ryse does when it's all said and done. Also, while Ryse (and most other launch games) are selling for bargain bin prices,and irrelevant Wind Waker HD will still be full price.