By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I'm a Red Ring Hero!

madskillz said:
smbu2000 said:
rocketpig said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
Sell that shit and get a PS3.

Why would I want two PS3s?

hey, madskillz has two PS3s, right?

, but yeah I think the RROD is when it deteriorates/loosens the solder around the cpu/gpu. The towel trick temporarily fixes it by "resoldering" the area. It's not a permanent fix, though.

For the doubters ...

And here's a different shot with my tag on the green sheet ...

The 20gb is on the shelf - the 40gb is down on the floor. I need to go box it up - a customer is swinging by to look at it. Wish me the best!

Nice set-up! Though now you only have 1 PS3 ;-p Hope you got a good price for it!

Where did you put your Wii? I can see the controllers on the floor(along with Wii Sports), but no console?

I'm also curious as to where your tv is in this setup? to the side? 

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network

^I would say the motion sensor thing needs to be on the TV so the Wii needs to be closer to the TV. I was thinking the same thing and came up with that idea so I didnt ask

Cor5151 I never heard of that. I heard them saying external fans caused it and they would void warranty if you hooked one up to the 360.

Madskills that PS3 is blindingly shinny.

Madskills - It doesn't look like your PS3 has much room to breath. It looks very cramped. I would move it.

Well, it red ringed for the final time... The bad thing is thad we didn't get to play Rock Band...

But we got to play Xbox hockey! We kicked it around for half an hour and then I punted it into the ceiling.

Brilliant!

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

I Ollyied my Xbox. If they warranty this shit I'll be amazed. I spent the last two hours playing hockey and skater tricks with it.

It looks good but goddamned this shit is hilarious.

Around the Network

Let's wait until the poor bastard who gets this 360 in the mail.

Maybe it's normal to spike your 360 into the ground, watch it bounce back and then punt the motherfucker into the ceiling. I swear to God that this 360 will look good but it will the most broken 360 around. A nice bounce off the couch followed by a roundhouse into the wall will fix that.

Sucks that it RROD'ed again. Oh and make sure you take off the HD before you do send it in! Good luck w/it :)

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

PooperScooper said:
Madskills - It doesn't look like your PS3 has much room to breath. It looks very cramped. I would move it.

it doesn't really matter as long as the air throughways are open

DO NOT USE THE TOWEL TRICK.

It will permanently warp the board and will be unrecoverable, if its in warranty get your coffin from MS, if not. go the x-clamp replacement route.

as someone that's resurrected countless 360s, DO NOT USE THE TOWEL TRICK.

edit: ahh "Well, it red ringed for the final time" too late =(

For the doubters ...

And here's a different shot with my tag on the green sheet ...

The 20gb is on the shelf - the 40gb is down on the floor. I need to go box it up - a customer is swinging by to look at it. Wish me the best!

Nice set-up! Though now you only have 1 PS3 ;-p Hope you got a good price for it!

Where did you put your Wii? I can see the controllers on the floor(along with Wii Sports), but no console?

I'm also curious as to where your tv is in this setup? to the side?

Thanks ... it's rather cluttered and junky right now. I need to just dedicate a weekend to getting all that crap organized. The Wii is on the floor by the TV.

I'll give you some perspective in this pic:

The PS3 is where my PS2 was. I need to seriously clean up the cable spaghetti.

@ Pooper - thanks for the advice.

@ Wiiforever - are you talking about the vents on the front and back? They have room - but the sides are tight. I may just put the system selector - beside the PS3 - on top of the HD DVD player on the left of the rack.