By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I'm a Red Ring Hero!

With stars in my eyes...

Well, got the RRoD last night, toweled it up and now it's working again.

Should I coffin it or should I try to eek out a few more months in hope of getting an HDMI unit this summer? 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

Shame, same happened to mine. I coffined it up back then and sold the one I got returned on Ebay. I must add that it RROD'ed on me before the time I decided to stick with good hardware like my Wii and PS3.

It broke already, MS should give you quality hardware and you should expect no less, even if we all know better. Just return it, if your trust in them is bigger then mine. Don't mess around with towel tricks or anything that gives you a chance of voiding warranty, no matter how small that chance might be.

PSN name: Gazz1979 (feel free to add me, but please put your Vgchartz name in the message!)

Battlefield 2: Gazz1979

Some pretty good games are coming so it would be worth sending it in now :)

My roommates 360 ust got RRoD. It was horrible. He comes into my room and goes "what does it mean if the xbox lights are red?" And my heart dropped to the ground. Good thing we have a backup 360 in the apartment =D

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

@Gazz: The only thing that voids the warranty is actually opening it up--the towel thing is fine.

You think any of YOU guys got the RROD at a bad time? It happened to me just after I popped in Crackdown on the first day of the Halo Beta

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

Keep it until it RRODs again, and send it back. For all we know, a new X360 model could come out between now, and when it dies again so....

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
Keep it until it RRODs again, and send it back. For all we know, a new X360 model could come out between now, and when it dies again so....

That's kinda what I'm thinking. I really don't care if it breaks on me... I have a PS3, DS, and PSP to keep me occupied while it's gone.

Maybe if it pulls the RRoD on me again before GTA IV hits, I'll send it in at that time. That's about the only 360 game I need to play in the next few months. Everything else can hold off for awhile. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Yes I too have looked the red ring in the eye and lived to tell the story... we are brave men in a land of cowardice

so, all you do is wrap it up in towels and it works again? I thought when a certain part is destroyed it can't work anymore. I dunno, I haven't Rrod.... yet.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Rather be without life than without wits

Think twice before helping a friend in need.