By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Yahoo declines Microsoft's 44 billion Bid! Thank god!

i've never seen a yahoo fanboy... even my friends working at yahoo don't defend yahoo this much. guess you learn something new everyday day.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Around the Network

Calm down boss, jeeze. You nerdy people could never survive a concert. "oh my god. What fanboys! How dare they defend their music!" *gets blinded by a two year old with a laser pointer. "oh nos!! My pirated eyeglasses " * cries *

Lingyis said:
i've never seen a yahoo fanboy... even my friends working at yahoo don't defend yahoo this much. guess you learn something new everyday day.

there are fanboys for everything!

@ PDF i think its the other way around, Microsoft is attacking Sony, if they weren't they wouldn't of entered the Videogame console market.

And also - that is the biggest Fanboy post i have seen in a while - congrats

I think Microsoft will keep upping their bid... it may even go over 55+ Billion

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

Edge112 said:

I'm going a little of topic here, but don't say yahoo sucks, because you probably have never used it.

Let's walk through this one piece at a time.

Edge112 said:

YOU must be the one confused. Yahoo's services rock. Hotmail's mail service is the worst on the market. Other then that MSN dosen't even HAVE any services worth using. So yeah we got more xbox promotions and windows support.

Point 1) Need for Speed - Ever since Yahoo switched to their new Ajaxy version, Hotmail has been deceisively faster at loading. Congratulations it looks nicer but now you get to wait... and wait... and wait. And despite being Ajaxified, it's still far inferior to Gmail. So it's slower than Hotmail and more cumbersome/uglier than Gmail.

Point 2) Personal Experience - I have Yahoo accounts that regularly get 100+ email spam and Hotmail accounts where the closest thing to spam is the Hotmail team. Suffice it to say that I have far more respect for Hotmail's spam filters than Yahoo.s

Point 3) Email is just one service Yahoo offers. Their groups are essentially useless unless you need a quick listserv fix. Their games are pretty much inferior to most standalone incarnations. Their messenger fails hard compared to pretty much everything else.

Edge112 said:

They will optamize everything for IE one of the worst web browsers out there. We will see M$ bias tech reviews, a lot of the hard core community will leave and go where? to gmail. Yahoo answers is one of the best methods for quick questions I have ever seen. Yahoo maps is very handy, while no google earth it works. Yahoo finance is very helpful. Plus the yahoo headlines update almost every hour complete with speical notices weather, pop in email views, games, more mobile support, and a bigger community then MSN. Plus Yahoo has unlimited storage and better protection.

IE7 is probably the best standalone browser in the market right now. The Trident rendering engine is less forgiving than Gecko but it's a lot nicer (especially font smoothing). The only real complaint about IE7 I have is that hasLayout still doesn't always fire when it should (and vice versa). I use Firefox only because while IE7 has IE Pro to compensate somewhat for Ad Block Plus, it has nothing really to beat the other slew of great Add-Ons Firefox has. IE7's memory leak also seems to grow far more slowly than Firefox's. Dislike Microsoft if you like, but know why you dislike it and make sure your reasoning is sound.

Gmail is where people go for mail because Hotmail and Yahoo are distinctly inferior to it. Using this as a point solely against Microsoft is idiotic.

Yahoo Answers is no more useful than a Google/LIVE search.

As for the rest, Microsoft in many cases doesn't offer that functionality. That's the whole point of acquiring Yahoo--to get that stuff. Faulting Microsoft for not doing the stuff they are trying to acquire is foolish.

I'm in awe of the "Yahoo has better protection" comment though. Almost since day one Yahoo has been easily hackable; I have nothing more to say on this matter that should be said on a public forum. ^_^

Edge112 said:

I'm going a little of topic here, but don't say yahoo sucks, because you probably have never used it.

I used it extensively for a while but soon discovered better alternatives. I look back on it and see what's changed every once in a while but have yet to be impressed. I'd be interested to see what Microsoft and Yahoo could do together possibly with Silverlight at their disposal.