By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Yahoo declines Microsoft's 44 billion Bid! Thank god!

Wolf21 said:
44 billion.. wow.. i would take that for my website anyday

ask MS!!! u never know.......

Around the Network
Edge112 said:
darconi said:
Did you guys seriously just say that the Youtube purchase was a good idea for google? Most investment analysts have criticized that purchase as a throwback to the old internet boom days of paying for eyeballs. There's virtually no profit being generated by the site in comparison to the price that was paid.

And the rejection by yahoo is sort of stupid on their part if they're trying to get more money. MS offtered a 60% premium, that's nearly 3x the normal amount for a takeover.

The single fact that google OWNS youtube is so huge. Yotube. a video hosting site has more traffic then myspace, MSN, and facebook combined. Its third in the world wide rankings. If google had not bought youtube, then we would not see it has a key point on the itouch and phone. Youtube has gotten google a lot.

Traffic means nothing without profitability.  There's a reason why the dot com collapsed back 8 years ago.  And regardless of whether google owns it or not, it would've been advertised as being a feature on the iphone since that is owned by APPLE, google has nothing to do with it.  Youtube has gotten google publicity, thats it.  If you read their financial reports, they pretty much admitted that they overpaid for youtube (Much like Ebay with Skype/etc).

Heres the full coverage link from yahoo

http://news.yahoo.com/fc/Business/Microsoft_Yahoo 

I'd take the 44 billion

Soriku said:
MS just wanna monopolize everything don't they lol.

MS might just do a hostile takeover

Raise the bid to 100 bil. See what happens.

Lol that would be interesting.

Around the Network

apparently people really have no idea why there's this offer. 100 billion? hostile takeover? i give up.  although hostile takeover actually could happen.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Yahoo isn't worth 100 billion. Prob less than half even

oh yeah, words from my friends working at yahoo, google and microsoft (rumors or whatever you want to call them):

- a huge number of yahoo employees will definitely try to jump ship to google, given that the takeover might occur
- jerry yang's got a huge ego, doesn't want to work with microsoft
- microsoft technology is leaps and bounds more advanced than yahoo technology; if the acquisition is successful, microsoft will retain the yahoo frontend but replace the backend with microsoft platforms. this could potentially lead to huge layoffs at yahoo
- so essentially it's paying only for yahoo's online presence

the Wii is an epidemic.

PDF said:
MS is being attacked from Sony, Google, and Apple. Together these 3 brave warriors will bring down the evil dragon that is MS

Thats a little fanboyish don't you think? Don't forget yahoo, its the most visisted web site in the world.

PDF said:
MS is being attacked from Sony, Google, and Apple. Together these 3 brave warriors will bring down the evil dragon that is MS

people still hate microsoft that much?  it's such a yesterday mentality.  it's not even dominating like it once was anymore.

plus, Sony is definitely not attacking MS.  it's more like MS is attacking Sony... but their businesses really are so different it's not very sensible to say that.  one is still software, the other hardware, and just so happens they both have a video game console that try to position as the "home entertainment hub", which isn't really making any money at this stage.

the Wii is an epidemic.