By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Yahoo declines Microsoft's 44 billion Bid! Thank god!

Google were damn wise to see Youtube's potential and buy them.

Around the Network

actually i own some microsoft, i don't think microsoft needs yahoo anywhere as much as yahoo needs microsoft! some analysts have predicted microsofts eps to go to 4 dollars as the developing world starts to buy up computers

Yahoo needed Microsoft until they offered. Their dropping stock value problem was solved as soon as Microsoft made that offer.

Lucky Yahoo is not small otherwise MS would do everything to destroy them =:.

This is disappointing.  A takeover of Yahoo by Microsoft could only improve Yahoo.

Around the Network

This doesn't mean it won't happen. Basically it went like this:

MS: We give you $31 per share, what do you say?
Yahoo: $31? Are you crazy? $40 and not a penny less.

My point is, expect counter offers, and a possible hostile takeover attempt.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

yeah... basically microsoft would just have to increase its bid. to how much... dunno.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Yahoo isn't a damn pig like M$. They build faulty products(IE, 360, and so on) and let their fanboys and hackers work their money. Its not that I don't like M$ I just don't like their support for what they do. IMO its one step forward two steps back. Like ok so the zune was cool, but then vista came out....

Edge112 said:
Yahoo isn't a damn pig like M$. They build faulty products(IE, 360, and so on) and let their fanboys and hackers work their money. Its not that I don't like M$ I just don't like their support for what they do. IMO its one step forward two steps back. Like ok so the zune was cool, but then vista came out....

Wait, I'm confused... have you actually used any of Yahoo's services?  They suck.  Hard.

Your anti-Microsoft bias is clouding your judgment as Microsoft involvement would only help them.

YOU must be the one confused. Yahoo's services rock. Hotmail's mail service is the worst on the market. Other then that MSN dosen't even HAVE any services worth using. So yeah we got more xbox promotions and windows support.

They will optamize everything for IE one of the worst web browsers out there. We will see M$ bias tech reviews, a lot of the hard core community will leave and go where? to gmail. Yahoo answers is one of the best methods for quick questions I have ever seen. Yahoo maps is very handy, while no google earth it works. Yahoo finance is very helpful. Plus the yahoo headlines update almost every hour complete with speical notices weather, pop in email views, games, more mobile support, and a bigger community then MSN. Plus Yahoo has unlimited storage and better protection.

I'm going a little of topic here, but don't say yahoo sucks, because you probably have never used it.