By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dr.Grass reviews Metroid Prime (Dolphin)

Tagged games:

Metroid Prime is worth (in today's terms):

10/10 48 46.15%

9.5/10 28 26.92%

9/10 11 10.58%

8/10 2 1.92%

7/10 3 2.88%

6/10 5 4.81%

Never played it 7 6.73%

Total:104
zorg1000 said:
Dr.Grass said:
zorg1000 said:
Dr.Grass said:

I'll be doing MGS, SSB and Twilight Princess soon. All on dolphin.

EDIT: Hope people enjoy it.

Dont u mean SMG

I don't have a IR pointer at home at the moment. Once I have that I'll be playing SMG for sure. Any ideas what the best solution is?

No clue lol ive never used Dolphin, I was just pointing out that u misplaced the letters

SSB := Super Smash Bros

Around the Network

Yes

The 1st Metroid Prime was a masterpiece

Dr.Grass said:
zorg1000 said:
Dr.Grass said:
zorg1000 said:
Dr.Grass said:

Dont u mean SMG

I don't have a IR pointer at home at the moment. Once I have that I'll be playing SMG for sure. Any ideas what the best solution is?

No clue lol ive never used Dolphin, I was just pointing out that u misplaced the letters

u originally wrote MGS instead of SMG

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Dr.Grass said:
zorg1000 said:
Dr.Grass said:
zorg1000 said:
Dr.Grass said:

Dont u mean SMG

Haha! MGS := Metal Gear Solid!

hsrob said:
freebs2 said:

I've tried it on dolphin too. But imo, the Matroid Prime Trilogy version for Wii is even better, the IR pointer is a perfect fit for this game.

I have to agree, this is close to the best use of the Wii remote in a first person game.  It makes traversing the world even more enjoyable and seemless, particularly the increased usability of the morph ball with the morph ball jump no longer dependent on the use of bombs. (You just have to make sure you use the advanced mode)

I know it won't happen but a 1080p version of the Trilogy on the WiiU would be an instant purchase for me.

Oh please no... We've already got Wind Waker, enough remakes :P

They should just make a new one.

Around the Network
Dr.Grass said:
zorg1000 said:
Dr.Grass said:
zorg1000 said:
Dr.Grass said:
zorg1000 said:
Dr.Grass said:

Dont u mean SMG

Haha! MGS := Metal Gear Solid!

I wish Wii had a Metal Gear Solid game

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

freebs2 said:
hsrob said:
freebs2 said:

I've tried it on dolphin too. But imo, the Matroid Prime Trilogy version for Wii is even better, the IR pointer is a perfect fit for this game.

I have to agree, this is close to the best use of the Wii remote in a first person game.  It makes traversing the world even more enjoyable and seemless, particularly the increased usability of the morph ball with the morph ball jump no longer dependent on the use of bombs. (You just have to make sure you use the advanced mode)

I know it won't happen but a 1080p version of the Trilogy on the WiiU would be an instant purchase for me.

I don't even need a full remake, just a higher res version while I'm waiting for a worthy sequel to the Prime games.

hsrob said:
freebs2 said:
hsrob said:
freebs2 said:

I don't even need a full remake, just a higher res version while I'm waiting for a worthy sequel to the Prime games.

This would make more sense, maybe a digital version on eshop. Yep, Nintendo should do this, also I would like them to release a Gamecube virtual console with upscaled graphics...too bad I think they won't do it in order to sell HD remakes such as Zelda :/

edit: Or maybe they're afraid people would lose some interest in Smash Bros U if a VC version of Melee was released.

zorg1000 said:

I wish Wii had a Metal Gear Solid game

You can play this http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=168766 on the Wii!

You'll find second hand copies super cheap!

freebs2 said:

This would make more sense, maybe a digital version on eshop. Yep, Nintendo should do this, also I would like them to release a Gamecube virtual console with upscaled graphics...too bad I think they won't do it in order to sell HD remakes such as Zelda :/

edit: Or maybe they're afraid people would lose some interest in Smash Bros U if a VC version of Melee was released.

Isn't it utterly ridiculous that a bunch of people have done exactly that for free, yet Nintendo can't manage to do it!? Or why don't they? Who knows.They are really not on top of their shit.