By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bayonetta 2 Reportedly Runs in 1080p 60fps

EricFabian said:
think-man said:
EricFabian said:
fatslob-:O said:
I somewhat doubt that i'll be able to achieve 1080p/60fps mainly because of hardware constraints.

and you are...?

Why does it matter who he is? you better not be saying this because he is new? he is entitled to that opinion if he wishes.

Not because he is new. He is just not a tech-wise to say something about "hardware constraints"

Before you assume I have no hardware knowledge I bulit a PC before while I'm at university studying engineering and the reason why I say the WII U has hardware constraints to do 1080p/60fps has to do with the fact that its pixel and texel fillrate is only 10% bigger than the xbox 360 but its 1GB of DDR3 RAM will help to store better textures but it if does achieve 1080p/60fps I think the image quality could suffer compared to the first installment.

Around the Network
Nyleveia said:
curl-6 said:

Bayo 2 will not sell in line with Wonderful 101, totally different situations.

For the sake of discussion, please, tell me again how bayonetta 2 is going to sell so much better than wonderful 101.

Given that,

at a time when PS3 sales were over 40m, the game mustered a grand total of 1.09m units (one in 37 bought it)
at a time when 360 sales were over 45m, the game mustered a grand total of 0.86m units (one in 52 bought it)

with just 3.5m WiiU units sold, a one in 37 purchase rate results in 94,594 worldwide
with just 3.5m WiiU units sold, a one in 52 purchase rate results in 67,307 worldwide

These are terrible numbers, and even if you pad them out and generously double the buy-in by twice that of the ps3 and 360, you end up with sub-par sales of sub 190k units, and this is the excact reason why Nitendo is funding development, because they know damn well they wouldnt make any money, so this will result in one of two things, either ports to other consoles somewhere down the line, or the death of the franchise, personally i hope for the latter.

However way you look at it, The number of kids owning the console that wont have interest in the game balances out those that will buy it because there isnt much else to play, and those that actually want good games are going to wait a month or two and play the first party titles theyve been waiting to buy since launch.

My prediction?, sub-30k units worldwide in first week, sub 150k lifetime.

the game was a new franchise on ps360, bayonetta 2 received a lot of free advertising thanks to the exclusivity meltdown, wii u will be 10M + when bayo 2 releases unless on paralel universes.. the list goes on.

PullusPardus said:
orniletter said:

I don't get it, care to explain this joke?

I will quote myself from a former post:

There was one famous...or more infamous dude on this site, I like to call him Samuraisword ( he was calles Ninjablade) , who was on the holy crusade to convince everyone that the WiiU is a weak piece of shit, citing the NeoGaf WiiU GPU speculation thread where people (as the name suggested) speculated about the capabilitys of the WiiU (which is very hard because Nintendo customized the chip to hell and back), disregarded any remotely positive post and always went with the lowest estimate.

People pointed at "X" (the sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles by Monolith Soft) as a game beeing beyond the capabilitys of the HD-Twins, but he made countless posts about how much more impressive Red Dead Redemption would look ....ahhh, fun times !

Zero999 said:
Nyleveia said:
curl-6 said:

Bayo 2 will not sell in line with Wonderful 101, totally different situations.

For the sake of discussion, please, tell me again how bayonetta 2 is going to sell so much better than wonderful 101.

Given that,

at a time when PS3 sales were over 40m, the game mustered a grand total of 1.09m units (one in 37 bought it)
at a time when 360 sales were over 45m, the game mustered a grand total of 0.86m units (one in 52 bought it)

with just 3.5m WiiU units sold, a one in 37 purchase rate results in 94,594 worldwide
with just 3.5m WiiU units sold, a one in 52 purchase rate results in 67,307 worldwide

These are terrible numbers, and even if you pad them out and generously double the buy-in by twice that of the ps3 and 360, you end up with sub-par sales of sub 190k units, and this is the excact reason why Nitendo is funding development, because they know damn well they wouldnt make any money, so this will result in one of two things, either ports to other consoles somewhere down the line, or the death of the franchise, personally i hope for the latter.

However way you look at it, The number of kids owning the console that wont have interest in the game balances out those that will buy it because there isnt much else to play, and those that actually want good games are going to wait a month or two and play the first party titles theyve been waiting to buy since launch.

My prediction?, sub-30k units worldwide in first week, sub 150k lifetime.

the game was a new franchise on ps360, bayonetta 2 received a lot of free advertising thanks to the exclusivity meltdown, wii u will be 10M + when bayo 2 releases unless on paralel universes.. the list goes on.

you think it will be over 10 mill by the time bayo2 launches? Want to take a 'permanent banned if wrong' bet on that?

Total Wii u sold by bayo2 launch over 10m I'm permanent banned

Total Wii u sold by bayo2 launch under 10m you're permanent banned.

Let's see how much faith you have in your words.

Play4Fun said:
After all this time, there is still saltiness remaining over BY2.
Well done, Nintendo.

I'm still amazed at all the free advertising nintendo got on this one. I, for example, didn't know the franchise existed untill the 2 was announced but the meltdown was so big that I got interested to know more about the franchise and now I'll definetely buy it. many people are probably in the same situation.

Around the Network
Kane1389 said:
RazorDragon said:
Mightly impressive if that's true. 720p would be good enough since the game has been greatly improved in the graphics department, but if that 1080p 60fps rumor is true, then Wii U's power has been heavily underestimated.

Again, the mods (at least me) are getting sick of posts like this. Flippant responses should only go to matters that are *settled*, by which I mean obviously true or obviously false. This is not, so don't dismiss it with a flippant single-image post because that is simply going to irritate people.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Nyleveia said:
Zero999 said:

you think it will be over 10 mill by the time bayo2 launches? Want to take a 'permanent banned if wrong' bet on that?

It's hilarious this guy managed to get himself banned within 20 minutes of posting this.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Cheebee said:
Nyleveia said:
Zero999 said:

It's hilarious this guy managed to get himself banned within 20 minutes of posting this.

where do I find that wind waker image from your sig? looks awesome.

Cheebee said:
Nyleveia said:
Zero999 said:

I hadn't noticed. win by default then? :p

hey, anyone who played the first bayonetta, how long does it take to finish the game? 10 hours? 20 hours?