By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza dev: You can't talk power unless you're informed

thismeintiel said:
What astonishes me about this whole debate is that Xbox fans like to downplay actual facts, like confirmed specs, and instead jump on any PR slogan and/or rumors from ANY source, just to latch onto a shred of hope that their console won't underperform against the competition. The cloud (which this guy bringing up, again), barely upclocked CPUs/GPUs, dGPU, their SW engineers are better than Sony, and God knows what next.

Pretty much this:

Around the Network
selnor1983 said:
CGI-Quality said:
selnor1983 said:
Spot on dan. The first person or developer to actually talk sense.

Man you gotta love forum dwellers.

The issue with the people saying things like this is they are one of the culprits, as well, especially if you argue about graphics (which I have no qualms admitting, since it is a heavy interest of mine and I deal with this material on a professional level almost daily).

Thus, if you don't like forum dwellers, don't be a forum dweller.

Easy tiger. Since ive been back with my eyes open its the funniest place in the world. I dont want them to stop as itz hilarious. 

People claim this and that with goggles on. Like I probably used to do. People select quotes from 3rd parties and ignore others. People tKe one set of exclusive developers quote but not the others. 

End result. You wont find any real understanding of either console on these pages. None. You will find people who just love games though. 

I agree. And now you are going to find articles from third party devs telling us the X1 is more powerful than the PS4 to prove your point of selectivity ...

I think you'll find it's not selectivity but the fact the body of evidence exposes the insecurities in fans of other consoles. The truth is that it's the X1 fans that are ignoring the consensus of opinion and the PS4 fans that just keep pointing that out.

The PS5 Exists. 

DJEVOLVE said:

However ever single post, it's like some sony fans can't read or comprehend.

I'm not a Sony Fan, I'm a reality and truth fan.

And the reality says Ps4 is more powerful, even Microsoft is spending the days trying to hide that gap with smoke bombs, that dosn't gonna change...

Enjoy your console.

So a dev who only works on one console will know more about the differences?

Honestly I don't understand why MS cares so much. They need to be like Nintendo and just let their software speak for them.

There is definitely some truth to what he says. Take a look at an iphone. It's alot slower than a Galaxy, but performs just as well if not better. As long as the Xbone's UI and tools are more optimized, it can outperform the PS4 even if the PS4 has more raw power. I'm not saying this is the case, but it's possible.

Around the Network
Subie_Greg said:
youarebadatgames said:
Subie_Greg said:
He's right it's not a Mustang vs M3

It is a 5oo whp Mustang GT vs a 460 whp Mustang GT. And the 5oo whp Mustang happens to cost a little less $$$. And teh cloud won't help the 460 whp Mustang go any faster just like it won't help the Xbox One games look or run better : )

We (gamers) don't have to know shit. We just have to listen to the guys who know the shit. And there isn't anyone, even Microsoft who will say flat out that the Xbox One is more powerful than the Ps4. Most 3rd party devs say the Ps4 is more powerful but not by much. Problem is Ps4 cost less than Xbox One

And also hypocrite lol, because forza dev doesn't know shit about Ps4 yet

No, its more like a 500 hp mustang gt vs a 450 hp corvette. Sure the mustang will win in a straight line, but put it on a track with bends and it loses.

Pc gamers know it's never as simple as just numbers, which is why no one gives a shit except console fanboys. The only metric that matters in the end is frames per second between the two with comparable image quality. Wait till the games and the benchmarks come out then we'll have something to talk about.

??? Not sure where Xbox One out performs PS4 as of now

Ill tell you where all Xbox one launch games looks better than ps4 launch games if you gonna say no then you are lying and I'm not gonna argue with you 

realgamer said:
Subie_Greg said:
youarebadatgames said:
Subie_Greg said:
He's right it's not a Mustang vs M3

It is a 5oo whp Mustang GT vs a 460 whp Mustang GT. And the 5oo whp Mustang happens to cost a little less $$$. And teh cloud won't help the 460 whp Mustang go any faster just like it won't help the Xbox One games look or run better : )

We (gamers) don't have to know shit. We just have to listen to the guys who know the shit. And there isn't anyone, even Microsoft who will say flat out that the Xbox One is more powerful than the Ps4. Most 3rd party devs say the Ps4 is more powerful but not by much. Problem is Ps4 cost less than Xbox One

And also hypocrite lol, because forza dev doesn't know shit about Ps4 yet

No, its more like a 500 hp mustang gt vs a 450 hp corvette. Sure the mustang will win in a straight line, but put it on a track with bends and it loses.

Pc gamers know it's never as simple as just numbers, which is why no one gives a shit except console fanboys. The only metric that matters in the end is frames per second between the two with comparable image quality. Wait till the games and the benchmarks come out then we'll have something to talk about.

??? Not sure where Xbox One out performs PS4 as of now

Ill tell you where all Xbox one launch games looks better than ps4 launch games if you gonna say no then you are lying and I'm not gonna argue with you 

lol sure what ever you say ; )

DJEVOLVE said:
NinjaHanzo said:
'Which is faster, a 500 horsepower Mustang or a 400 horsepower BMW M3?'

Ps4.

Cause you know the difference.  Also this is not even close to a accurate camparison.  Your not going to notice a difference.  Most people are not going to give a shit , they just want good games. XBOX ONE HAS THEM>

Only people informed on VG are in TROLOLOLOLOOLOLOL Non-stop.

Also he never said that XBOX ONE was more powerful. He said they are basically Identical or close to.

I dont see where he makes a comparison of the PS4 and Xbox One. Plus his analogy leaves out so many factors its useless to talk about.  And how would he know how powerful a PS4 is?  It would be like if Naughty Dog came forward and said the same thing but for Sony, people like you would be in here acting like the Sony fans are.

He just says that people who don't know anything about hardware shouldnt talk about it.  Which is a sound argument that some people need to listen to.

prayformojo said:

There is definitely some truth to what he says. Take a look at an iphone. It's alot slower than a Galaxy, but performs just as well if not better. As long as the Xbone's UI and tools are more optimized, it can outperform the PS4 even if the PS4 has more raw power. I'm not saying this is the case, but it's possible.

Well it is possible I suppose, but devs are saying it isn't happening. AMD say it's more powerful and have even done a deal with Sony to build chips around Sony's design, the specs say it's more powerful, Cerny,  the guy who built it says it's more powerful and third party devs have said it's more powerful. I fail to see why this debate is still going on.

The PS5 Exists. 

NinjaHanzo said:
DJEVOLVE said:

I'm not a Sony Fan, I'm a reality and truth fan.

And the reality says Ps4 is more powerful, even Microsoft is spending the days trying to hide that gap with smoke bombs, that dosn't gonna change...

Enjoy your console.

lol "okay" :) Really that statement and a quick look at your post history is already destroying all your credibility!
Also I'm not sure if you actually read the artile (my guess is not) but this guy never compared the PS4 to the Xbox One...
Do you feel insecure to the point of having to convince yourself or us that the PS4 is more powerful?