By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Petition Launched to Prevent PC Version of GTA V

Tagged games:

Its hilarious. Whomever made this is my hero. I really cant stop laughing.

A petition has been launched at Change.org in the hopes of preventing Rockstar from ever releasing a PC version of Grand Theft Auto V. Why? “So PC gamers learn their lesson and stop stealing games.”

Created by Trevor Phillips and spotted by IAmDoge at Reddit, the petition has to be one of the most unsuccessful Change.org posts I’ve ever seen. Someone always agrees, or at least signs as a joke, right? Not true. As of writing, there’s only a single solitary signature, that of Mr Phillips himself.

That’s not to say there aren’t other people that share the sentiment, however. As no PC version has been announced, more vocal components of the net have been quite happy in bragging that the 360/PS3 has “one of the most important games of the generation” and that the so called “master race” must do without. 

On the other hand, a petition asking for Rockstar to port their upcoming blockbuster to PC has some 340,000 supporters. It seems likely that GTA V will appear on PC at some point in the future – potentially alongside next-gen versions of the game – although it’d be a huge victory for Trevor if it didn’t happen.

Grand Theft Auto V is released next week, on September 17th.

Source: http://www.gamesreviews.com/news/09/petition-launched-prevent-pc-version-gta-v/

Around the Network

They should make a PC version, only print a single copy and sell it for $200 million

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Porcupine_I said:
They should make a PC version, only print a single copy and sell it for $200 million

when you do that someone would leak it before it got printed XD.

I sometimes wonder if the dude just did a massive troll petition to get attention. I've actually pirated more console games, than PC games... which I've only pirated games I've broke the disc.

A good majority of PC gamers pirate games, but those that don't should still have the chance to play it. Not everyone is a thieving douchebag who cares about nothing but themselves. 

I guess with how much some countries have to pay for games I can see why people in those countries would pirate, but if you're in a country where gaming is an affordable hobby, then I mean exactly what I said.

Is GTA V even gonna come out for PC at launch cause apart from that Nvidia guy saying it is... I havn't heard any confirmation about it...

Either ways... GTA IV port was a terrible port however dat draw distance... I would kill to have GTA V on pc with that draw distance

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

lol another peition eh?

Hmm I wonder who this is...

lol I dont wanna have my name printed anywhere on that petition! 

think-man said:
BasilZero said:

lol another peition eh?

Hmm I wonder who this is...

lol I dont wanna have my name printed anywhere on that petition! 

I dont know everyone in this comment except bananaking. So I guess all these names are members of vgchartz. Lol. BTW I just checked the page. There are no such comments. I guess they have been deleted. Why did that guy deleted it?

lol

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

It will come to PC and even Wii U for that matter if Take-Two has market research insinuating that a profit can be flipped if they outsource a port for GTAV.
Other than that no reason to put a game on platforms they know won't make them enough money to make it worth while.

But this petition is just funny, the ass hat who made it deserves a award for stupidity.

kupomogli said:

A good majority of PC gamers pirate games, but those that don't should still have the chance to play it. Not everyone is a thieving douchebag who cares about nothing but themselves. 

I guess with how much some countries have to pay for games I can see why people in those countries would pirate, but if you're in a country where gaming is an affordable hobby, then I mean exactly what I said.

Pirating on the PC is in decline anyway, according to the PC Gaming Alliance.

What developers need to do, is give incentive for people to not want to pirate, that means lower prices and online-only features, Steam has been stupidly successfull in removing the need for even the lowest of income earners needs to pirate.
It's also one of the reasons why Free-to-play games have started to become so popular on PC, who would want to Pirate a free to play game? :P

Plus, GTA is such a heavy hitter, if Rockstar doesn't want my cash or the largest market in terms of game sales, then who am I to argue with their decision to essentially throw money away? :P

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--