By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is the 3ds really that much better than Vita?

yes

Around the Network

According to 33,5m compared to 5,7m. Yes it is.

JWeinCom said:
"Uncharted, Persona 3 golden, LBPVITA, both Rayman games, Killzone Mercenary, and soon to be Tearaway"

To justify the statement that the Vita's library is better than the 3DS, you list one game that hasn't come out yet, 2 multiplatform games (one of which is on the 3DS), two games that came out within the last two weeks (and one that came out today if you live in NA and a week ago if you live in Europe), and a post of a PS2 game. I love it.

I would counter with... New Super Mario Bros 2, Super Mario 3D Land, Fire Emblem Awakening, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Kid Icarus Uprising, Etrian Odyssey IV, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Kart 7, Pilotwings Resort (very underrated game that's well worth the 20 bucks or less you can get it for), Nintendogs + Cats, Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, Final Fantasy Theatrythm, Rhythm Thief, Mario and Luigi Dream Team, and Shin Megami Tensei IV. If we're also including ports, multiplats, and non-existent games, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Pokemon X/Y, Monster Hunter 4, Star Fox 64, Ocarina of Time 3D, A Link Between Worlds, Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright, Ace Attorney 5, Mario Golf, and Smash Bros 3DS.

If you like the Vita's library better, that's fine. We're all entitled to our own opinions. But if you're trying to argue with any level of objectivity that the Vita's library has anywhere close to as many quality games as the 3DS, you've got no leg to stand on.

This man gets it.

Ok since the haters are going too far recentely, saying that 3DS hasn't any game while PSVita has, let me list all the important games out and coming for the two consoles:

3DS:
Dead or Alive Dimension;
Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D;
Star Fox 64 3D;
Super Mario 3D Land;
Mario Kart 7;
Resident Evil Revelations;
Kid Icarus Uprising;
New Super Mario Bros 2;
Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance;
Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracles;
Paper Mario Sticker Star;
Shin Megami Tensei 4;
Luigi's Mansion 2;
Fire Emblem Awakening;
Animal Crossing New Leaf;
Project X Zone;
Mario & Luigi Dream Team Bros;
Etryan Odissey 4;

Coming 3ds:
Pokemon X/Y;
Zelda A Link Between Worlds;
Ace Attorney 5
Layton VS Phoenix Wright;
Bravely Default;
Yoshi's New Island;
Super Smash Bros 3DS;
Monster Hunter 4;

PSVita:
Uncharted Golden Abyss;
Gravity Rush;
Persona 4 Golden;
Killzone Mercenary;
Soul Sacrifice;

Coming:
Tearaway;

That's it. That's why the 3DS>>>>>>>>>>PSVita talking about games. Who says that 3ds is a s*** console because it hasn't any game and PSVita is better because has them, he's just a big troll.

No doubt the Vita is the better hardware in both utility and interface.

It can give the 3DS a run for its money in terms of games if they dont get stuck in Japan. But at present the 3DS is just superior in terms of exclusives.

Also i reject the above lists of Vita exclusives. You have to include Ys Celceta. That is a great game. Also if were talking about every upcoming game on the 3DS you should do the same with the Vita. Toukiden, Freedom Wars, Valhalla knights 3, Dangonrompa (this is basically another ace attourney). Theres some more less known and others pending western release. Its not as bad and one sided as you make it sound, though the 3DS does win. If you add PSP exclsuives to that, wich you can buy very cheap on PSN then the Vita does impose itself.

Also, lets take into account 3DS games cost more than Vita games generally do. Its more expensive on the long term.

Around the Network
Nem said:

cut

Are you seriously saying that PSVita is superior to the 3ds? Please. 

Also, I've to remember you that you can play DS games on the 3ds? 

Nem said:

It can give the 3DS a run for its money in terms of games if they dont get stuck in Japan. But at present the 3DS is just superior in terms of exclusives.

Also i reject the above lists of Vita exclusives. You have to include Ys Celceta. That is a great game. Also if were talking about every upcoming game on the 3DS you should do the same with the Vita. Toukiden, Freedom Wars, Valhalla knights 3, Dangonrompa (this is basically another ace attourney). Theres some more less known and others pending western release. Its not as bad and one sided as you make it sound, though the 3DS does win. If you add PSP exclsuives to that, wich you can buy very cheap on PSN then the Vita does impose itself.

Also, lets take into account 3DS games cost more than Vita games generally do. Its more expensive on the long term.

dual screen, clamshell design and 3D without glasses are all features that are a plus on 3DSs side and funnily it conviniently gets ignored and people just emphasize on graphics when talking about hardware. 

And obviously 100% backward compatibility with bought DS and DSi games.

TheBlackKnight said:
Nem said:

cut

Are you seriously saying that PSVita is superior to the 3ds? Please. 

Also, I've to remember you that you can play DS games on the 3ds? 

I believe it was the OP that said that the PSP games only apply to people who didnt have the PSP. The PSP games are also on the same level as 3DS games in terms of detail while DS games are quite primitive by now. PSP games resist time a little better.

Still, my point is the Vita is actually a really good system. And i have both Vita and 3DS and was quite critical of the Vita for a very long time. But once you have one in your hands and experience it, it becomes quite clear.

Though as i said before, the 3DS has better exclusives.

osed125 said:
Galaki said:
Vita is for those that like to post in forums convincing others how it's the best system.
3DS is for those that like to spend all that time actually playing the games they like.

This is actually quite true.

*facepalm*

The replies in this thread are actually quite shocking.

Viktor said:
Nem said:

dual screen, clamshell design and 3D without glasses are all features that are a plus on 3DSs side and funnily it conviniently gets ignored and people just emphasize on graphics when talking about hardware. 

And obviously 100% backward compatibility with bought DS and DSi games.

Exactly!!!! 100% backward compatibility alone makes 3DS superior and vastly increases it's available library of games.  In addition, the graphical diffrence between the 3DS and PSV is not even that huge. Overall the 3DS is the best balance of power, portability, price and AAA game library.

RE:R 3DS

Kid Icarus: Uprising

Luigi:Dark Moon

KingdomHearts:DDD

Don't get me wrong the Vita has more RAM, superior GPU etc but the 3DS has just the right balance for a handheld now.

Vita's

Gravity Rush:

Dragon's Crown:

Soul Sacrifice: