By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Brawl's March release good for nintendo, bad for wii?

i personally think that these 3rd party games don't sell well anyway...
Brawls release will not put them down much further. And brawls release has been to hyped up and promoted to have it pushed back further.

Around the Network

lots of third party titles will have low sales cause of brawl, but they should just have early realeses, like no more heroes did,

Brianna said:
I'm going to get brawl and okami, screw the other games -_-

when is okami coming out? really looking forward to that one.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

I understand your point and nod.
Toobad, hope TP can delay their games till april.
Pro Evo looks pretty sweet.

Wii code:                                        Mario Kart wii:
6586-0674-1620-6955                        0344-9880-0252
PM me if you added me and I'll add you:)

Self-proclaimed, biggest Resident Evil Fanboy of VGChartz!

I don't understand your concern at all.

Super Mario Galaxy launched around Umbrella Chronicles, Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, Lego Star Wars, and Guitar Hero 3. None of them have been hurt at all. In fact they are all soon to-be or already are million sellers.

Consoles I Own: NES, SNES, N64, GC, GBA, DS, X360, Wii

Around the Network

If you look at the charts, March 2007 was the Wii's weakest month last year. Hardware sales dipped to 151,111 during the last week of the month, the lowest they'd been... well, ever. Their idea seems to be that, if they release the game during their weakest month last year, they'll up their overall hardware numbers for March this year.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

How about Nintendo just makes a lot more Wii's available in March? Not only do they capitalize on the Brawl push, but that'll have a lot more people buying games!

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

That's likely what will happen. Going by their sell-through rates for January, they're holding back about 500,000 Wiis per month (they managed around 1.2 to 1.3 million sales during the month). Meaning there should be about a million extra Wiis in circulation around Brawl's US launch worldwide (a lot of them in the US, no doubt). That is, of course, assuming that's what they have in mind, but I don't seem to recall Nintendo making a habit of launching system-selling games and not having extra systems available at the time.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

to be fair the rush to the shops for brawl, may prompt gamers to buy some 3rd party games while there at the shops...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man